10. the kiss

The action scenes kept Seb's attention, as long as Kaiden didn't move his hand. Whenever he did, it reminded Seb that this was in fact a date. He was rather happy that the film kept his attention, because he didn't think his nerves would have made this into a very pleasurable experience if they weren't allowed a break now and then. 

Just then, Kaiden stroked his thumb over Seb's hand. And just because he had been thinking about Kaiden and not the movie at that particular moment, he glanced at the guy underneath his too-long lashes. Kaiden wasn't looking at him, but a small smile seemed to sneak up to the surface, and Seb wondered if Kaiden knew he was watching.

The little smile turned into a smirk, and then Kaiden's lips was caressing his again. Just as briefly as before. Seb gasped. He wasn't prepared. He kept on staring at Kaiden, but Kaiden seemed to be back into the movie again. How did he do that? Seb thought. Here he was, all jittery and tingly, and Kaiden just sat there as if nothing had happened. However, it helped calm him down. He didn't want to sport a boner in the middle of the theater after all. 

The movie went on and on, more than two hours, and by the end of it Seb was nervous again. He had no clue of what happened on a date. He'd never been on one. Would they just go their separate ways? He guessed that he didn't have any choice. His father was going to pick him up. But it wasn't that late yet, and he hadn't had any dinner thanks to his mom. 

The last scene ended, and the cast began to roll. Kaiden squeezed his hand, and flashed him a grin. "So, I thought we could drop by a place to eat if you're interested, or just for a drink or something. You hungry?"

Seb forgot all about being nervous as food was mentioned. His stomach was rumbling, so not a chance that he would say no. "Yeah, I'm starving!" 

"You didn't eat?" Kaiden asked, which made him a little embarrassed. He should have eaten before. 

"Sort of forgot," he replied, as it was the best answer he could come up with. 

"Me too... so, any favorite place?"

"Hey, move kids, we wanna get out," a voice boomed from Seb's side. He turned his head and stared up into a pair of familiar eyes. David Higgins wasn't the nicest guy around. He'd even shoved Seb into a few lockers when no one was around to catch him in the act. 

"Polite as always, David," Kaiden said calmly while pulling Seb up from the seat. 

"You guys here together? Fucking fags, what the hell were you up to in here?" David spat. 

"You really wanna know Higgins?" Kaiden shot back. 

"Move out of my way, Kaiden!" David growled, his eyes narrowing into two slits. Seb started shaking, he knew what usually happened when David looked like that. 

"Let's just go, Kaiden," he whispered, but Kaiden didn't seem to listen. 

"Higgins, you want me to tell your father about this?" Kaiden replied, once again calmer than 

"You wouldn't dare, fag! Once I tell him you're taking it up the ass, you won't be his golden boy anymore."

Seb had no idea what was going on, but he sure as hell didn't like it. 

"You think your dad cares about that? He already knows, idiot!"

Seb almost laughed when he saw the expression that spread across David's face. Priceless. 

"Come on, Seb. Let's get out of here," Kaiden said, and began to pull Seb with him out through the crowd. 

They didn't slow down until they were outside and around the corner. "You okay?" Kaiden said, pulling Seb into his body. 

"Yeah, but...what was that about?" 

"David's dad is seeing my mom. He's really cool, but his son is a total douche-bag."

"I know!" Seb said, as if that explained it all. 

"What, has he done something to you?"

Seb debated what to say. He wasn't sure he should tell Kaiden, not if their parents were dating. The question took up so much of his thoughts that he actually didn't think about the fact that Kaiden held him.

"It's alright to tell me you know, I already know how he is," Kaiden reassured. 

Seb looked up, bit his lip, and let out a soft sigh. "He's thrown me into lockers now and then, but it's not that bad. He usually doesn't mind me when others are around."

"He's hurt you?" Kaiden's face was tense with worry, and Seb regretted telling him. He didn't want to put a damper on their night together. He also didn't want to admit that he was bullied sometimes. Besides, he knew it wasn't that bad, others had it far worse. 

"Not too much. Can we talk about something else?"

"I'll talk to him," Kaiden said, and Seb's nerves started to skitter again. 

"No, please don't, it'll only make it worse!" His voice almost broke as he said it, and Kaiden seemed to take it the wrong way. 

"You're afraid of him. Damn it! I'll beat the shit out of him."

Seb's eyebrows rose. He hadn't seen this side of Kaiden before. The guy seemed really gentle, and now this? 

"There's no need to beat him up, can't we just go eat?" he tried, hoping that they could drop the subject.

"Sorry, Seb, I just can't stand the guy in general, and knowing that he's hurt you doesn't make it any better."

Seb definitely regretted telling him. He should have kept his mouth shut. 

"I'm okay, don't let him ruin our evening," he tried again. And this time it worked. Kaiden's eyes softened, and that's when Seb realized how close they were. 

"Not a f'cking chance that he could ruin this, even if he's a total ass," Kaiden said and smiled. This time Seb didn't hesitate to return it, and that seemed to be the signal. Kaiden leaned down and brought a hand up behind Seb's neck. "Still the best night ever," Kaiden whispered and caught Seb's lips in a soft kiss. 

Seb's heart beat like a hammer in his chest and a small, involuntary moan escaped him. Kaiden took advantage and intensified the kiss, slipping his tongue inside. Seb grasped the fabric of Kaiden's shirt, desperate to remain standing despite his weak knees. 

It was wonderful. 

He'd never thought kissing would feel like this. He allowed Kaiden to do what he wanted, while he reciprocated with soft moans and a careful tongue. That was until Kaiden nipped at his lower lip, and he forgot all about his inexperience. He threw himself deeper into the kiss and savored the feeling of Kaiden's tongue dancing together with his.