Bloody Ball

Blood.

That was the first thing anyone would've noticed if they'd stepped into the ballroom that night. The sheer amount of it was shocking, but then again, it'd come from over a hundred people. Another thing which was shocking was how quickly it'd happened. Five minutes earlier, everyone in the ballroom had been alive and kicking.

A single person stood amidst the chaos, cleaning the blood from her arms with some wet wipes she'd brought along to the event.

It hadn't been a coincidence, after all.

She'd come there to kill every single person side from herself in the ballroom, and that was what she'd done.

The girl was young, especially considering what she'd managed to accomplish, fifteen at most, and yet she looked incredibly mature. Maybe it was the amount of blood coating her ballgown, or the red streaks covering her face. Nobody would've been able to tell because nobody on the premises was currently alive aside from her.

Blood dripped from her ballgown, earning a loud sigh from her as she strolled towards the gigantic door she'd entered a few hours ago. She walked to the cloakroom, fishing through all the other deceased guests' handbags until she found her own, swiftly finding her mobile phone amidst all the other girly essentials she'd brought along. Her fingers fumbled with the keys, slick from the amount of blood on them, so much so, that it took her another five minutes to get her phone to work.

"Hey, it's me..."

"Reyna." Her father's voice blared through the phone, pausing for a while before he summed up the reason she was calling him in an instant. "Did you kill someone again?"

"Well..."

"Tch." He shook his head. "What have I told you and your sisters about taking on missions when me and mum aren't there?"

"Sorry?"

"If you were sorry you wouldn't have kept doing it over and over again! Honestly, Rey-" A sudden spattering of bullets cut him off momentarily.

"Is that gunfire I can hear?" She asked, rather calmly, knowing her father wasn't in any danger of dying anytime soon.

"Yeah, me and mum are in the middle of something here."

"Oh." Reyna blinked. "Is it going well?"

"Of course, idiot." He said. "Your mother's just taking care of the last one now."

Dimly, Reyna heard the sound of someone screaming, but she wasn't bothered by it in the slightest. It was normal when she called her parents while they were working. "Can you call Ruby to help me clear up... There's quite a lot to do."

"Your mother already sent her."

"Huh?"

"Rey, if you seriously thought me and your mum wouldn't know what you were up to, then I've failed training you as an assassin."

"You're just really good at guessing our next moves."

"And you're just really predictable. All of you are, well... apart from Ruby."

"I don't think anyone knows what's going through that head of hers."

"How cold, sissy." The familiar voice of her older sister rang out through the room. "Are you saying you don't know your own sister?"

"Hey Rube." Reyna turned her face upwards, brushing back her long black locks, startling grey eyes peering up into the murky red ones that stared down at her with glee. Her sister was crouched on the chandelier, having just waltzed across the roof and in through one of the many skylights. "You gonna come down and help me or what?"

"Chill. I'm coming." She grinned, slowly descending using the harness she was wearing over her rumpled black jumper and jeans. A shock of exceedingly pale blonde hair had been tied back in a plait that fell past her waist. All to soon her descent was over, her booted feet landing gently on the blood-soaked floor. Thankfully for her, it was wooden, so she didn't have to worry about getting bloodstains out of a carpet which would've taken them hours.

"So... what do we do?" Reyna turned to her sister – the best sibling at body dumping out of the five of them.

"Well, I didn't bring enough acid to dissolve all of these bodies." Ruby shrugged. "I did however, bring some of this." She held out the air freshener. "Which should be able to take care of the worst of the smell."

"The smell?"

Ruby smiled, her lips parting slightly, her eyes alight with joy. "Didn't you know?" She tilted her head. "This place has an incinerator."

-----