29. Pain

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE:
PAIN

- Jihee -

I ended up alone to clean this whole mess since the one who promised to accompany me was not here, and I began to feel lonely already. I blew off all those thoughts that kept on bothering me and decided to start up the cleaning job.

"Let's start!"

This task of cleaning the house all by myself was not a joke at all. I had my whole body aching once I was done with it, and I was glad it helped me distract from what happened earlier but here I was again. I dropped my body on the couch to assist myself to lessen the exhaustion.

"I miss him."

The doorbell suddenly rang and got me confused since no one had any idea that this house was alive again and I was in here except the one who came here earlier. I hesitated to move from the comfortable position I was in which had the person start banging on the door.

"Could it possibly be Samuel?" I walked to the door and opened the door, only to see an unexpected person right in front of me.

My heartbeat grew unevenly rapid as I had eye contact with him, and these hands began to tremble. I questioned myself if I should slam the door to his face or offer him to get in but was unable to come to a decision.

"You remember this house, but not me?" he asked.

I was too tired to deal with this, so I chose the first option and slammed the door which caused him to knock the door a bit harshly again.

"Can we just talk?"

"Please?"

"At least let me see you."

It would be a lie if I said that my heart was fine because it ached like hell. I could not believe he still had this sort of impact in my life, but I would rather call him my worst nightmare. The knocks stopped in a little while and I decided to go to bed since it was pretty late.

The fact that my tears agreed on betraying me angered me. It was the past that brought tears to my eyes and I was angry at myself.

- Jimin -

"At least let me see you."

I assumed her to be on the other side of the door and decided to have the talk as I was already a crying mess, but I was happy to at least see her again. I stopped knocking and started the conversation.

"I know you're on the other side. I've missed you so much. Are you happy with him? Is he in there with you? He's so lucky, and I'm the stupid one who took you for granted. You know I waited for you so long that evening but you didn't show up. You deserve to be happy and I'm glad you are now. You're listening to me, right? I love you. I really do. I've never stopped loving you. But you didn't hear what I said, okay? I don't deserve you. I'm sorry, " I wiped my tears and walked away from the place.

The streetlights laughed at me as I walked in the empty sidewalks alone. I crossed the alleyway and my eyes caught a place I had never stepped into after the high school. I decided to go in to help me out with the pain since it was killing me.

The people there looked so happy and dancing with the pretty lights. I walked straight to the bar and placed an order. I took my first shot and realized how busy I was being sad and all, so I decided to go for another shot.

"Excuse me? Park Jimin?"

A hot lady who had been glancing at me for a while now from a few meters away finally decided to come and talk to me. I decided to ignore her and concentrate on my alcohol until she disturbed me again.

"So you don't remember me?"

"No."

"It was a few months ago. A blind date? I hope this will help you, " she made an effort to continue the chat.

It reminded me that I had been set up into a lot of dates this year that I was not sure which one was her. I grabbed another drink and the conversation slowly turned into my story and about her.

"I go on a lot of dates you know. My friend sets me up to these since I'm trying to forget someone. Like, move on from her. But she came back with another man, and damn he was good looking too. And she doesn't even wanna see my face. That's why I'm here. I don't know what to do. I think I'm drunk. I love her, but I told her to be happy with him. I want her back, okay? But I can't have her, " I realized how moist my cheeks had become but this lady decided to listen to this drunk man.

"I think we haven't really broken up yet, like, she didn't break up with me before leaving me, and I'm still her boyfriend. Does that mean she's cheating on me? Oh, I'm so drunk, " I laughed out loud.

All I could see was a blurry image of the lady who stood up and leaned closer to me. I noticed her lips moving but was unable to catch the words she spoke before I found my lips against hers, and I was kissing her. That was one hell of a great kiss but no one could beat my love.

I broke the kiss and walked out of the place.

"I'm sorry."

That person was probably sleeping with her boyfriend at this time, and I was here still thinking about her even while kissing another person. I had seriously messed up big time and there was no turning back.

"I wanna be happy again, " I cried out.

I was in a state that it was difficult for me to even walk, so I decided to ask for help from someone. I called this person in my contacts and it was answered in a while.

"Jungkook?"

"I'm drunk."

••••••••••

" It hurts, but it's alright "

••••••••••