43

I ignore my body's warning signs and pick up the pace. I know I need to stop soon or I'll hurt myself. But in the middle of the soggy woods is not the place. The sun quickly hides behind the clouds, leaving us in a dark wooded area. Moments like these make me curse my poor eyesight and water covered glasses. "Where are you guys? I can't see anything," I squint and outstretch my arms.

"We're right here," I feel a hand on my arm. "I can see okay-ish, so stay close," Daichi's voice instructs. "Asahi is right here too,"

"I am," his voice interjects. I feel relieved when I hear both of them. Daichi leads me through the woods quickly. He moves quickly and I struggle to not trip over my feet. As he navigates us through the small woods, my mind glazes over and my feet just move.

It didn't feel dizzy or sore because I didn't feel anything. My whole body was numb. Geez, I'm gonna feel this later.

~~~

It could have been a few minutes or a few hours later when I say the warm light of the Shiratorizowa gym. "We were wondering when you guys were gonna get here!" I hear someone say. I don't know who.

"We got caught in the rain, sorry!" I think Daichi says.

"Do you have the flag?" I hold up my hand with the flag in it and I feel someone take it out of my hand. 

Third POV

"Now anyone who got caught in the rain, go get dried off and head to lunch!" the old coach says. The gym rumbles back "OSU!"

Chihiro was soaked to the bone and had a blank stare. A passing players notice but, don't say anything since they don't know her personally.

She moved with the group of sopping wet players to the dorms. None of Karasuno sees her so they assume she went back to her room.

Which she did. She dragged her body up three flights of stairs and into her empty dorm room. She pulls off her wet shoes and socks and track pants and jacket that she never got the chance to before being thrown into capture the flag.

Aimlessly, she stood in the center of the room for five minutes. The only thing breaking her stare was the blast of cold air from the A/C in her wet clothes. She peels the rest of her wet clothes off and changes into dry ones.

Suddenly, she breaks out into a cold sweat and she get nauseous. She claps her hand over her mouth and stumbles into the bathroom and over the toilet.

~~~

Hinata looked visibly troubled at the lunch table. Even stranger, he's barely touched his food. "Hinata are you okay?" Sugawara picks up on it. He hums in response, furrowing his brows. This catches the attention of most of the table.

"What is it now, Hinata boke!?" Kageyama instigates. The orange middle blocker quickly relatiates.

"Nothing!" he nearly leaps out of his seat. 

He slowly sits back down and mumbles, "I'm just worried about Chihiro-chan since she hasn't come down yet,"

Sugawara looks at Daichi and Asahi worriedly. "Hmmm. Maybe we should check on her?" 

"We can get our manager Nametsu-chan to go check on her," Eyes fall onto the Date Tech captain, Futakuchi.

Sugawara nods, "I think that'd be a good idea," Futakuchi trots over to his manager and relays the message. Quickly, the girl pops up and heads up the stair beside the cafe to the dorms. She unlocks her own dorm and plans to knock on Chihiro's bathroom door.

She opens her door and then the door to the joint bathroom. "Hey are you o- OH MY GOD!" She wasn't prepared for what she saw in that bathroom. Chihiro is crumpled up by the toilet trembling. Her hands grip the edges as she dry heaves over the toilet of regurgitated bile and stomach acid.

Her hair is plastered to her face from her cold sweat. Her chest heaves up and down as her sight goes in and out. Strangled whimpers come from her throat, sore from the acid. Tears fall from her eyes.

The startled manager runs out of the bathroom and down the stairs, almost falling. When Daichi sees the girl running towards his table he stands up. "What is it?"

She rests her hands on her knees trying to catch her breath. "I-It's bad!" Heads turn towards her.

"What's going on?"

"S-she's shaking really badly and threw up. But she's not throwing up anymore, it's a dry heave. She n-needs help," the manager sounded horrified. Daichi's eyes widen and he looks back at Sugawara before sprinting out of the cafeteria and up the stairs.

"What's going on?" Ushijima appears beside Sugawara.

He shakes his head, "I didn't really catch what happened but there's something wrong with Chihiro," he says, looking around frantically.

"Suga-senpai, let's go see!" Hinata is already out of his seat and running up the stairs. Sugawara follows quickly after him. Players from other teams ask what the all the commotion is about. Which is only met by confused shrugs.

Strangely, Ushijima follows the Karasuno players up to see if he can do anything. Sugawara, Hinata,, Asahi, and Ushijima all jog up the stairs.

When they get into her room they are equally horrified. Daichi kneels beside the trembling girl repeating comforting words. "Suga are you in here? I need your help!" Daichi calls out over his shoulder.

The said third year pushes through to her. "I need you to calm her down. I'll take care of the rest," Daichi gets to his feet and starts giving out orders to the people in the room. "Hinata go get Takeda and Ukai," the boy nods silently and exits the room swiftly.

"Asahi and Ushijima, go tell the ones downstairs what is happening. Don't let anymore come up here besides any adult. It'll only overwhelm her," the aces nod and trot downstairs. Daichi takes a deep breath and turns back to Sugawara and Chihiro.

"It's okay. You're okay," the setter rubs soothing circles into the sobbing girl's back. Daichi sits on the tile floor beside the two. He places the back of his hand on her forehead. 

"Yeah, that's a fever. She's also very clammy," He smooths back the hair stuck to her forehead.

Chihiro reaches for the toilet again. She ducks her head in and throws up more. Sugawara winces at the awful retching sound. After throwing up the rest of her guts, more tears stream down her face. Sugawara holds his arms open. "Come here," he says softly.

The girl's head falls onto his chest limply. Daichi can't help but be amazed by his friend's ability to not only stay calm but calm her down too. He feels bad remembering the taxing tasks she did that morning.

Takeda and Ukai reach the room and step inside. "Alright we're here. What happened?" Ukai asks the two third years sitting on the floor, one comforting the small girl like a mother would.

"We asked one of the managers to check on her and when she came back in looked like she saw a ghost. That's when I ran up to see Chihiro shaking and heaving. I got Sugawara to calm her down mostly. She broke out in a cold sweat and a bad fever. By the looks of it, she has been throwing up stomach acid. Now it's mostly dry heaving," Daichi details.

"And I'm almost positive it's because of how much stress she's been putting on her body," Sugawara adds, running his fingers through her hair.

"Well let's get her on the bed," Takeda suggests. Sugawara steps back and allows Daichi to pick up the half-conscious girl and bring her to bed.

Asahi and Ushijima come back up to see how she is doing. "I never knew she'd get this bad," Ushijima mutters. "She's always been reckless with her health but never like this," By now, she's fully unconscious.

The players in the room can't help but sigh and her hazardous habits and impeccable ability to make everyone worry.

~~~

lol oops

~UmbrellaChild