chapter 16

"We tried not to age, but time had its rage" - Patti Smith

16.

Vivian

"Here it is...not much, but enough."

I was awestruck. Never had I seen such a beautiful structure in my entire life. "It is absolutely perfect. I cannot believe that you built it. Wow...thank you, Josh."

He shrugged in response and a faint blush seared through his cheeks.

The glass-walled house was secluded among trees, besides a serene and calming deep blue lake. The house itself looked extremely cozy and inviting. The entryway had polished wooden floors and a graceful banister. It felt as if it came straight out of a movie. Looking around I saw that the perimeter of the grounds was patrolled by armed security, and every inch of the property was wired with cameras, security lighting, and motion sensors.

"I built it for my mate, wherever she is. Took me 4 years to build it. I always come here when I want peace or feel lonely. Hopefully, she likes it." There was a look of longing in his eyes.

I felt deep pain hearing such honeyed words from his mouth. He already loved his mate - he built her a house for crying out loud! And what did my mate do - hah! Fucking lie and cheat on me.

I put a hand on his shoulder, "I am sure she will, don't you worry."

He gazed at me and slowly bestowed a painful smile.

He moved forward and held both of my hands in his. "I can't fathom how you feel Vivian. But what I do know is that it will get better...trust me. And don't you worry either Tyler and I will do everything and anything to make you happy."

A genuine smile embraced my face, my eyes begin to water. "You both have already done enough. Thanks for helping me escape and letting me stay here for a while. As soon as I sort my life together, I'll leave."

"Stay as long as you want. We will tell no one about your location." He squeezed my hands.

"I can't stay long, someone will eventually find me. But that's for later. You need to leave now...Otherwise, they'll start doubting you."

I walked closer and gave him a tight hug. He pressed his lips to the top of my head. "I'll visit you soon. Stay safe, Vivian."

------

Ethan

I couldn't feel her presence around me anymore. The sound of my heartbeat echoing was intolerable, my breaths got deeper and deeper into the second. The beating got louder and louder, surely if there was someone around me, they could hear this cacophonous thrumming rhythm.

Is this all real?

With one swift move, I broke the door open. The air was laced with smells that spoke of Vivian. I found myself glancing around the room, hoping she would emerge from behind the door of her bedroom. Once more my heart thumped hard in my chest, it felt like painful waves thrashing up against the walls of my chest.

Within two seconds, I had broken down another door. Her scent was more intoxicating in this room, however, she wasn't there. I couldn't feel her.

Her room was clean and organized, nothing was out of place. All her belongings were still there. Maybe she will come back?

Looking through her suitcase, I grabbed one of her shirts and brought it close to my nose in order to calm my wolf.

My wolf called out to her and let out a low growl when her wolf didn't respond back. "Mate. Gone."

I closed my eyes, instantly the image of her crying came in front of my eyes.

"We hurt mate. Gone. Gone. Gone."

The sobs punched through, ripping through my muscles, bones, and guts. I pressed my forehead against her shirt. My dark lashes brimmed heavy with tears; my hands clenched into shaking fists, in a furious battle against the grief. I wept and wept, loud, heaving sobs tearing from my throat which drove me to my knees.

Gone. The finality of the word slammed painfully against me. I lost the feeling of feeling. Everything around me blurred as I passed into the oblivion of unconsciousness.

------

"Alpha, wake up....wake up!" I felt somebody moving my shoulder.

"Alpha my ass, throw an ice bucket at this asshole!"

"And get killed by him? He is already out of his mind now that Vivian isn't here, Tyler. I don't want to further fuel his rage."

Vivian.

Her name brought back all the memories. Once again, my body trembled in pain.

"Step aside you pussy."

"I'll take that as a compliment after all females are stronger than us males. They can carry and give birth to a freaking person, sometimes persons! Whereas one hit towards our dic-"

"Josh?"

"Yes?"

"Shut up!"

What was I doing listening to their conversation? Their voices were giving me a headache.

Opening my eyes, I slowly hoisted myself off the ground, her shirt still in my hand.

"Thanks to the goddess above you are awake," Josh dramatically looked towards the ceiling.

Moving my eyes towards Tyler, I saw his jaw clenched, his eyes dark, signaling his wolf was in control.

"Where is Vivian?" The words automatically left my mouth.

If there is anyone who would know where Vivian is then it is most probably these two since she had established quite a relationship with them.

My wolf lowly growled in response, still possessive of his mate.

"I think we should be asking you that. So yes, where is she?" Josh replied with an accusing tone.

My wolf at present was on edge, the question and challenge underlying Josh's statement further pushed him. My muscles tensed, and I bared my teeth at him.

"Do not toy with me. Give me a straight answer, where the fuvk is my mate?"

I did not hesitate using the word mate. Tyler already knew who she was to me and I am sure Josh somehow found out about it too. I had to make sure they knew she was mine, and only mine. I'll kill whoever touches her. I showed mercy once with Elliot, but now, no fuvking way.

My wolf and I were ready to kill anyone who will try to separate us.

"Too fucking late, Ethan," Tyler spat, "You realized her importance only now...she's gone and she will never come back, all thanks to you."

How dare he say that? I let out a menacing growl. My vision went red with rage, my chest rose and fell violently fast. This is it. It ends now. I need to kill this fuvker. Dropping her shirt on the floor, I made my way towards him and was about to pounce on him when another loud growl stopped me right where I was.

That growl belonged to Zack - Vivian's brother who had appeared by the door, his index finger pointed at me, "You fucking bastard, you are dead!"

The alphas of the four packs were all present in the room for one reason - Vivian.

Three vs One.

Next thing I know, Zack pounced on me.

And with that, all hell broke loose.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: OOOOOOO! Hope you all liked the chapter.

Who's side are you on?

Thank you for the constant support, you all are awesome!

Please leave feedback, it is the best form of repayment for a writer.

Vote, Comment, and Share. <3