Chapter 27

Dimitri

The moment Abram mentioned that name, I was positive Tatiana was her.

The missing granddaughter of the Lunanov family.

The first time I made love to her was the first time I saw her birthmark. The crescent shaped mark which was like a brand that only those whose Lunanov blood runs through them possess. To say I was surprised was an understatement, I was more in the lines of stunned when the truth basically hit me right in the face.

To be honest, Tatiana's background was a complete mystery at the beginning, as do all agents from the Agency. Admittedly, I only saw her as a way of getting ahead of Arturo at first, but things took the opposite direction when I met her. The look on her eyes made me think differently and I was instantly bewitched... and for once in my life,  ever since that fateful day, I wasn't so blinded by my lust for revenge.

Ever since then, I had to dig more info and pay more attention to the little things. If only I wasn't distracted with the beauty in front of me, I should have recognized her immediately. She was the same girl but at the same time, completely different. Tatiana grew up to be a woman, far from the toothless toddler I used to play with. Yet despite the significant change in physical looks, many of her cute quirks were still there once I started paying attention.

A heavy sigh broke me out of my reverie. We were currently at the balcony as the night's cool air blew through.

Far enough from the crowd, Abram's posture slouched as he grasped the edges of the ledge.

"How?" He asked, his voice nearly croaking.

"It's quite unexpected sir... and mostly likely fate that I ended up finding her" I started as Abram listened to every word I said.

"My sources reported that Arturo and his men were always engaged in a fight with a certain team. A team from the Agency. Which we thought was kind of suspicious. It wasn't like Arturo to keep playing games, we know he always go for the kill.

I had the twins search up every profile of the members, it was hard but they managed to pull through. And her file in particular caught my attention.

She looked familiar, but I brushed it off, focused on the fact that she was famous for being the best female sniper at the agency and that Arturo wanted her.

It was only a while ago that I saw her birthmark and that's when I was close to sure it was her" I said, leaving out the part on how I actually saw her birthmark"

Abram gave out a small smile. "Her father had the same birthmark as did I. The proud symbol of the Lunanov family..." he said, a look of longing present in his face.

"She always bragged about it when we were little" I smiled, remembering how she used to pull her dress down just to show it to me.

"It's hard to believe the Agency had her all this time. Surely they knew of her true identity which infuriates me" the old man said as he fisted his hands.

Breathing out to calm himself, he closed his eyes and heaved another sigh.

"I can't believe my little luna is alive" he whispered, fighting back the tears.

This was the first time I ever saw such a powerful man brought down to tears. I could only look away, as I know men like him doesn't like showing weakness. I respected him enough to give him space and privacy.

"Does she know?" He asked after a while of silence.

"I'm afraid not. For starters, she doesn't recognize me" I chuckled, trying to break the tense mood.