Chapter 30

Layla's POV

Killian.

I slowly turn around. My eyes connect with Killian's, and his lips twitch up in a smirk, holding no playfulness.

"Missed me?" He tilts his head, his voice cold.

How did he even find me?

I press my lips together. "What are you doing here?" My voice comes out shaky and I clear my throat.

He chuckles darkly. "I'm a man of my words, love. I said I'd come back for you. Did I not?" He takes a step forward, crossing his arms.

"I told you I'm not coming back." I sneer at him and his smirk disappears, his eyes flaming with anger.

"I'm getting sick of the same old discussion. We both know you're coming with me whether you like it or not-"

"Well-"

"Don't fucking talk over me!" He shouts all of a sudden, and I jump.

Since when did he have such a short temper?

His jaw clenches, as he breathes furiously through his flared nostrils. I shut my mouth immediately, pursing my lips as angry tears threaten to spill.

"Already, I'm regretting being so lenient on you, I gave you time off, deliberately, just because I knew you weren't mentally fit for it and this is how you act on me?" He raises his voice.

I feel anger boil in me and clench my fists. "I have every fucking right to, this is my life-" I grit, but he cuts me off once again.

"Oh boohoo your life your choices, we got that covered months ago, can you just drop it? I've told you several times why-"

A tear slips down and I quickly wipe it away, cutting him off, once again. "I don't care, I'm not-"

"FUCK!" He shouts causing me to jump again. I bite the insides of my cheeks, trying to keep myself together. "How did I end up with such an annoying brat? Your fucking parents-"

"That's enough Killian!" Jack snaps behind me, he puts his hand on my back, rubbing it comfortingly. "What is all this about?"

Killian tears his gaze from me, looking at Jack. "She didn't tell you?" He scoffs. "Typical."

"There's nothing to tell." I grit, my face hot with rage.

Killian looks down at me, cocking a brow, before looking back at Jack.

"Nothing except the fact she worked for me." He smirks. Fucking liar!

Keep calm Layla, he's just trying to get to you.

Jack tenses, looking down at me with a frown. "You-You worked for him?"

I shake my head, swallowing the lump in my throat. "No." My vision blurs, as the anger builds up inside of me, but I keep my voice steady. "I didn't."

He furrows his brows in confusion, looking back at Killian.

Killian feigns shock. "You wound me, love. Did the thing we have mean nothing to you?"

"What?" Jack removes his hand from me, taking a step back, his mouth slightly parted.

"We didn't." I growl, lowly.

Jack doesn't reply and I look at him, my lips beginning to quiver. "Jack, we didn't." I tell him and he continues to stare at a spot on the floor, his eyebrows furrowed, his eyes distant.