Chapter 3: Shaking Hands

'The world is different from yesterday'

Third Person POV

Jimin sat as still as a statue, unsure of what to do in the position that he was in. The gun was now abandoned against the wooden floor near his shoes whilst its owner was leant against his shoulder, slightly crying at his lack of ability to kill the youngster. Whilst Jimin was relived to be alive, a part of his heart ached seeing the man crying against his shoulder. He shouldn't feel that towards a man who just tried to kill him but something in him was telling him that it was right. He was conflicted. In the end, Jimin just relaxed into the sofa, letting the elder cry on his shoulder until he calmed down.

Suga was out of control. For the first time in forever, he was scared. Truly scared. But he was scared for many different reasons. He was scared that part of him didn't want to kill the youngster and yet, at the same time scared that he got so close to killing the youngster. He was scared that he couldn't kill Jimin but also scared at the fact that he was relived by that too. Something was definitely different. He was never like this. No matter what, work was work. He never let feelings get in the way. That's when mistakes are made and that costs lives.

Getting a grip on himself, Suga slowly pulled away from the boy, feeling his cautious and yet worried gaze on him as he slowly stood up from the sofa. He reached down and retrieved his fallen accessory, not failing to notice how Jimin tensed once he made movement for the gun. The boy was scared stiff and he couldn't blame him. He was going to kill him, but just by looking at him, he was glad that he didn't. A bullet hole would've never suited that head of his.

Standing up straight and sorting out his hair, Suga turned around to face Jimin, studying his face carefully. The fear in his eyes seemed to weigh heavy upon his heart. He was scared of him. Then again, what would you expect when you meet someone as mysterious and dangerous as him.

"Jimin..."

The mentioned boy flinched slightly as he acknowledged the mention of his name.
"...I'm sorry."

Now that was not what Jimin was expecting. He was expected to be beaten or at least shouted at, but instead, he gets an apology? Well, he wasn't complaining but how could he trust the man that just attempted to kill him?

"In all honestly, I didn't want to kill you. It's just protocol. I can't have you going home and telling your family."

"I don't have a family..."

Suga's eyebrows raised as he stared at the younger, feeling an inkling of hope that perhaps he wouldn't be forced to get one of the guards to kill the beauty after all. However, he could still tell friends.

"Well surely you could still tell your friends, right?"

"I don't have them either..."

Now Suga was feeling very excited and yet still worried about how this boy had been living before now.
"Absolutely none?"

Jimin shook his head and hung his head in shame. Suga just sighed before smiling slightly. He walked over to the youngster, taking him by surprise when he grabbed his hand. Upon contact, he realised just how truly scared he had been. His hands were shaking uncontrollably.

"Come with me. You'll be safe now."

Jimin, understandably, shot an unconvinced look as he leaned away from Suga's hold. Suga just smiled again, his gummy smile teasing an appearance.

"I promise, I've found a solution now. Like I said I didn't want to kill you anyway..."

Suga leant down to Jimin's eye level, carefully cupping his chin even though he still flinched.
"And I meant it Jimin. You're too precious to be killed just for unfortunate timing."

Suga stood up, still holding Jimin's hand as he turned slightly towards the door.
"Shall we?"

Hesitantly, Jimin rose to his feet and made eye contact with a smiling Suga. And for some reason, he suddenly felt the polar opposite to what he had a mere few minutes ago. He felt...safe.

The duo walked hand in hand out of the room and into the crowded hall. Jimin went to proceed through the crowd before being pulled back by Suga's hold. Suga was now talking with one of the guards whilst holding Jimin close.

"Take him to the car. And be careful with him!"

One of the guards gave a 'yes boss' before pushing Jimin slightly through the crowd as Suga disappeared in the crowd. After walking from one side of the hall to the other, feet slightly sore from people trampling on them, Jimin was met with a familiar sight. The staircase to the alleyway. Jimin gulped as he began to climb up the stairs. Maybe he was wrong to trust Suga. What if he was going to be the next body in that alleyway? Panic started to rise in him as the cold air from the now open door hit him. The rain had halted and the alleyway was now empty; no sign of a body or blood anywhere. No one would ever know. And that just scared Jimin even more.

With another nudge, Jimin proceeded to walk to the entrance of the alleyway, waiting for something. What he was waiting for, he had no idea, but he knew that they wanted him to stay there. After a few moments of awkward silence, a loud roar from an engine was heard down the street. Within seconds, an expensive looking sports car pulled up in front of Jimin.

Unsure of what to do, Jimin just stood there as the tinted window rolled down

"What are you waiting for? Get in."

Realising it was in fact Suga driving the car, Jimin hesitantly made his way into the luxurious car. In less than a second of Jimin's door being shut, the car was in motion at an already manic speed. Taken aback, Jimin scrambled to grab his seatbelt and get himself secure in the vehicle as he was still unsure whether or not Suga was trying to kill him.

The drive was silent making it awkward so Jimin decided to speak up.

"Nice car. Couldn't have been cheap?"

Suga smirked at his attempt of starting a conversation.
"No it wasn't. Cost more than it's worth, I'll tell you that."

Jimin just nodded, not quite sure of how to respond.

"However, it's always worth it to spend money on something beautiful, don't you agree?"

Jimin remained silent for a second, feeling like their was possibly an underlying meaning to what Suga had just said.

"I guess."

Suga chuckled as he returned to focusing on driving. The ride was calm for a few moments until Suga sudden,y turned the car to the right at great speed. Jimin was almost certain he had screamed like a little girl. Once he had regained composure in the car, he turned to face the now tense Suga.

"What the he-"

"Next time I tell you to get in my car, don't take so long! We're being followed now!"

Jimin sat in silence for a brief moment before responding.
"Well how was I supposed to know that we would be followed? I mean, why would you be followed? Who are you exactly?!"

Suga only chuckled, his eyes not even leaving the road before he calmly replied.
"I'm a Mafia boss sweetheart."