Chapter 14

Vivian laid on top of Marcus's bare chest, "Marcus..?"

He kept his eyes closed as he laid on the couch, "Hmm..?"

"How do you know if you love someone?" She propped up her face on her hand to see him.

He continued to keep his eyes closed, "When you can't imagine life without them.." He peeked one eye opened and looked at her, "What about you?"

Vivian sighed, "When you would die for them. Just pure and simple. I can't stand the thought of my love ones in pain."

Marcus stroked her cheek, "That's not weakness, sacrifice is truly love."

She smiled and laid her head back on his chest, "I would die for you.."

Marcus eased his eyes closed and sighed, "I can't imagine a world with a Vivian."

She pressed out a laugh, "No, you would miss my ass."

She shook as he chuckled, "Okay, ya got me.."

She smiled and pressed her lips as she pinched his rib. He squeak out an, "Owe!" and flipped her below him.

She giggled until she realized he was staring, "What?"

"Mary me.."

Her brow wrinkled as he sat up on his knees and pulled out a velvet box, "Marcus..?"

"I would be ecstatic, most honored, and fucking happy if you said yes.."

Vivian laughed, "How could I turn down a proposal that had "fuck" in it."  She bit her lip as she held out her hand.

Marcus took the ring from the box and slid it on her finger, "I love you Vivian."

She cried happy tears, "I love you Marcus."

He leaned to her and gently kissed her as she cupped his face.

*******************

Vivian was excited to get back to work, she knew Rudy had missed her

Vivian was excited to get back to work, she knew Rudy had missed her. She turned and leaned against the kitchen counter as she heard Marcus shoes clicking. She watched him as he looked into the hallway mirror and fixed his tie, "Let me help."

He turned his handsome smile to her, but it eased as she walked to him, "What's wrong?"

He pursed his lips to the side, "You look really.. really nice.."

"She stepped back, "And that's bad..?"

Marcus's face turned to immediate predator, "It can be, if someone lays a hand on any of you.." She scoffed and rolled her eyes, but gasped as he jerked her to look at him, "I'm not playing.. I'm a very jealous man."

She bit her lip and placed her little hand next to his face, "Marcus.. I love to work. I can't sit around and wait for you to come home." His anger eased, "Besides, the men at the club work don't  even notice me."

Marcus smiled an devilish smile, "With all due respect, "You dressed like a boy, before you met me.."

Vivian looked down, "Do you want me to change?"

He could see the disappointment in her face, "No, the rest of the world will learn not to mess with what is mine." He tipped her chin to him and pecked her on the lips.

******************

Marcus sat in his usual back office of "Salvatore's Meat Market. It would soon be lunch and wanted to see if his future wife wanted to go. He was about to leave to pick her up when one of his captains came bursting in with an shipment emergency. Marcus didn't like the idea, but asked Freddy to pick her up and to bring her directly to him.

Vivian's brow wrinkled as the Lincoln pulled up she leaned down into the window, "I thought Marcus was picking me up..?"

Freddy leaned over and opened the door, "He sent me, something about an emergency.." She looked up and down the street as she thought. Freddy smiled, "Come on.. Ill take you straight there."

She pushed the bad feeling back and slid in. She sat silently as Freddy eased a flask from his jacket and took a swig, then eased it to her, "Drink?"

Vivian shyly held up her hand and shook her head, "No thank you.."

She could tell he had already been drinking heavy from the smell of his breath, "You look really nice today.."

"Thanks.." she pressed her eyes as she looked out the window. She had already heard all of this before, but by her father.

Her lip quivered as she felt him place his hand on her legs bare skin, "God... your so fucking soft.."

Her eyes shot open in anger as the voice in her head screamed, "Your not the victim! Put him in his place!" She sighed as she turned a cold glare to him, "Freddy.. Get your filthy hand off of me.."

Freddy thumb stroked her skin as he turned into an alley. He placed the car in park, "Now.. I've heard that you know what to do with this." He smirked as he grabbed his crotch, "Why don't you show me what you can do?"

Vivian growled as she tried to move his hand but his fingers dug into her soft flesh, "I have thought about you ever since I first saw you.. and Marcus had to go and clam you. Just give me head, and I won't tell a soul.."

Vivian roared as she jerked his finger back making a crunching sound, as he screamed, she used the bottom part of her palm to ram it into his nose breaking it in the process.

Blood spilled on to her. Freddy growled as he back handed her, blackened her eye and busted her lip in the process. She didn't cry or hesitate as she pushed herself on him and punched him repeatedly while she hung onto his shirt collar, "Never.. fucking.. touch.., me.. again!!!"

He finally black out. She sat back and caught her breath, and spotted his pistol and thought about finishing him, but she never killed before. Vivian rolled her eyes as she ease out of the car. She looked back as Freddy came to and tried to grab her. She pressed her teeth as she slammed the car door repeatedly on his hands and fingers crushing them. She could hear him moaning as he started the car and took off. Vivian heaved and smiled as she made her way back to Rudy's.