Culinaria L'amore Chapter Thirty-Two

This is a long chapter in my opinion, and a very big twist, actually maybe five very big twists, so I expect every one of you to vote if you were surprised and now angry, Please just vote, lol.

CHECK OUT MY NEW STORY How To Be A Disney Princess! I SWEAR YOU WON'T REGRET IT!!!!!

<3 Infatuated

********************

Both Alonzo and Angela blushed red to the tips of their hair roots, hastily, untangling their hands from inappropriate places and smoothing out their clothes. Angela was wearing a gorgeous black dress with a ruffled heart bodice and gold stitches lined the slit that ended mid thigh. Alonzo looked dashing as usual in his black vest and dress pants, though his hair was a bit unruly from his previous actions.

"I'm s-so sorry for um, interrupting."  I stuttered, embarrassed, trying to wipe off the champagne that had gotten on my arm. "I'll let you two con-"

"Actually, we were just about to head to the dining room." Angela interrupted, fixing her gold necklace and shooting me a charming smile as her blush faded to a light pink. "Come on Alonzo."

Together, we walked back down the hallway to where laughter and the sound of glasses clicking rang through the air. Angela handed me a tissue, which I took gratefully, and leaned in closer to me. "I don't really like black tie parties. They're just so ugh. When Garrett's parents aren't home, his parties are definitely the best."

Garrett, a wild boy? I felt resigned as I realized the majority of what I knew about Garrett came from other sources, like his friends or the tabloids.

"Hey, don't look so down. They weren't crazy parties or anything. Just less... iffy than this one. Speaking of Garrett, how are you and him doing?" Angela asked as we entered the dining hall, just in time to see some people heading to the dining table.

"Excuse me?" I raised an eyebrow in her direction, appalled that Angela knew something about our 'relationship'.

Angela rolled her brown eyes, shooting Alonzo a smile, who was busy asking a waiter for another flute of champagne, before pulling me aside. "Don't play dumb Kirsten, I've seen you guys shoot each other googly eyes all the time when we're practicing for ICAF."

"Used to." I corrected her, placing my empty champagne glass on a tray, not wanting to pretend that Garrett and I hadn't had an infatuation period.

Angela's face fell as she took in my words. "Damn, that sucks big time. Who broke it off with who?"

I lowered my voice a little as we entered the dining room where several people were already sitting down. "Well, we weren't really in a relationship because of work and all the paparazzi. Garrett promised me that we would go out after ICAF but then a couple weeks ago, he broke off whatever we had."

"No reason?" Angela asked, sitting down and patting the seat next to her.

"He probably did have a reason, I just don't know about it."

"What a jackass." Angela muttered. "I never knew Garr-"

"Good evening ladies." A voice over us said pleasantly.

My blood ran cold and immediately I panicked as Garrett gave us an easy grin and slid into the seat next to mine, suffocatingly close as he shifted around to get comfortable.

Angela shot me a panicked look, obviously wondering with fear if he had heard what we had been talking about milliseconds before he purposely, or not purposely, interrupted us. Alonzo, being the oblivious one stood up, coming around and crowing, "My man Garrett! It's only been what, two days, since I last talked to you? How are you?"