Silence

{Galra! Keith X Galra!Mute! Reader}

{Requested}

《Fluff》

       "Gah! Quiznak!" I quickly retracted my hand after getting shocked from the ships engine I was repairing. My ears were pinned back and my tail flicked in frustration before I went back to tinkering.

       We were currently on an abandoned moon, our cruiser had crash landed due to some malfunctions in the engine, after all we did steal it from one of the Galra Empire's cargo ships. I hissed and recoiled my hand once more, this time getting burned. I got out from under the cruiser and hit my head in the process, I've definitely had better days.

       I turned around and saw __________ sitting cross legged on the ground, fiddling around with the radio box that had been in the ship. Various noises and incomprensible chatter was heard before static, she frowned before hitting the box and it stopped working, I guess she wasn't having a good day either.

     She looked up at me and her eyes trailed down to my hand, her ears perking up at the sight of the new gash. She stood up and reached out for my hand, I pulled away and insisted I was fine, she didn't take no as an answer.

  "___________ I'm fine, It doesn't hurt."

       Which was true, but she couldn't hold back from helping me since I had been looking after her for as long as I could remember.

       She grabbed my wrist and brought my hand closer to her, examining the wound. Her nimble digits danced around the burn, making me visibly wince. She glanced up at me and shot me that 'I-told-you-so.' Look. I chuckled and shook my head, even though she had lost her ability to talk, I learned how to read her expressions perfectly after all the years of being with her.

        She let go of my hand and walked past me, reaching into the co-pilot compartment to grab a medical kit. She signed me to sit down, which I did. She crouched down in front of me and popped the box open, various tools and medical supplies were all neatly sitting inside. I gave her my hand and she immediately went to work, disinfecting it, putting ointment, and bandaging it up.

      "Thanks _________..." I glanced up at her and she offered a warm smile, her ears perking up.

       I stood up and helped her to her feet, she began to put away the contents of the kit and I went back to work on the ship.

       We've been running from the Galra Empire for about 3 years now, _________ used prisoner despite her being a Galra officer, but she was behind freeing the prisoners and helping resistance bases with supplies and artillery. She was caught by Sendak when he had tracked her whereabouts and ordered her to be sent to the druids. Then she lost her voice when they put her through numerous torture trials, and interrogations.

       I met her when I was making my escape, I was -and still am- a member of the Blade of Marmora, she was useful in making her way around the large ship and she memorized the shifts of the sentries, so we escaped going undetected. I had been so grateful for her help since then, she went out of her way to help me even though she knew that it would possibly cost her life. That's when I became so entranced in her dedication to put the lives of others before hers, constantly putting herself at risk. Becoming one of the most wanted criminal in the Empire.

       So I went out my way to protect her even if she was perfectly capable of defending herself in any situation. I had admired her since, and I still do. Her strength without words, her intelligence, her beauty, I admired everything about her, maybe I even loved her.