Chapter 44- SM

Chapter 44- Shawn's POV
A massive black limo rolled into the venue, I smiled. A man in a tux opened the back door for us, I told him he had nothing to worry about. So, he went on and got in the pilot seat. I held the door for Haylee, as I was trying to be a gentleman to my new girlfriend.
Girlfriend.
The word just sounded so good.
I got in the car, and shut the door behind me. We got in the car, and the pilot took off to the highway. My smile extended even more, as well as Haylee's who was staring at me. For some good two minutes or we just both stared at the sunset quietly. But then I scooted over closer to her. Then put my hand on her thigh, which had jean fabric on it.
I stared at her a little, the sun was hitting her perfectly and she just looked like the walking, talking definition of perfection. "You really are so beautiful." She looked at me shyly, but with this small, cute smile forming on her lips.
She looked at me, put her hand on mine, not entwined or anything. Just on top of it, calmly. "Thanks, Shawn. I gotta admit, you do not look so bad yourself."
I smirked. "I always do. I mean look good." I was real cocky sometimes, but she only laughed.
She added sarcasm, and maybe even more than I had added of cockiness. "Of course, you always do." She ruffled my hair, laughing.
I laughed with her, then kissed her cheek delicately. She blushed, I guess she could just not believe I fell for this cancer patient fangirl.
But I had.
And I did not regret it at all.
The thing is Haylee was special. It was something within her, it was because of her cancer. Sure having cancer sucked ass, but here she was still positive, laughing, and energetic.
I loved her.
The limo rolled to a stop, on where I had planned for days. I was so eager to finally have our first official date. I held her hand and took her out of the car, the limo driver stayed inside the car- as I had indicated- and he was to wait for us until the date was over. I held her hand, and took her inside the restaurant.
A waiter greeted us, and so I released Haylee's hand and shook his hand- it's what we do in Canada. He seemed our age or maybe a couple years older. Blond, and green eyed- the awkwardest thought that came to my mind: he was the male version of her. However, he was staring at Haylee in a way that made her look at the ground, and made me a tad bit mad. Although I was mad, I should not really show it. He probably had suspected we were a couple, by the way we were holding hands.
We took a sit on the backyard of the restaurant called "Le Fondue." It was beautiful, the sun had set on our way there, and the starry night was above us. You could look at the night sky perfectly. A picnic blanket was laying on the ground, so we sat on top of it. Above us tree's branches were extending, white lanterns hanging from them.
The waiter, who had greeted us at the front door, handed us some menus. We skimmed through them, and decided we were going to ask for a chocolate fondue, considering both, Haylee and I, were not hungry.
The waiter turned around, and suddenly turned around to view us again. "Sorry, I forgot the menus." So he picked up the menus, but then for a moment I stared at Haylee. I was jealous. "What's your name, beautiful?"
"I-" I interrupted Haylee's sweet voice.
"Her name is Shawn's girlfriend, asshole." That shut him up, and so he left with the menus.
She giggled, then punched my chest in a friendly way. "Why so jelly?" She asked, giggling in the cutest way ever.
I wanted to deny the fact that I actually was. "No, I was not-" I was interrupted by the limo driver.
"Sir, you forgot your guitar inside the limo." He handed it to me. I blame Haylee's beauty on why I forgot it in the car.
The man left, smiling.
Maybe because of us two lovebirds.
Because we really were just two love birds.
"A song, Hayls?" I said, bitting on the guitar pick in between my teeth, but positioning my fingers on the guitar.
"Let her go." She commanded, blinking excessively and pouting- making my heart flutter.
I started singing the Passenger song to her.
In my inside realizing that in the near future, I'd had to let her go.
But I hoped that day didn't come soon.
~~~~~
So I decided to update today bc its my birthday😊❤️Tallies (on my profile just fyi) has over 500 reads in three chapters, thanks! I will try to update soon, but that will be my project after My Darling and I just don't wanna spend more time on the fanfic that's supposed to be number two. Thanks for all the reads and votes and follows and especially comments ( I luv da comments.)
The update today is actually quite short because I'm on my final exams; during the summer I'll update more frequently, I promise.
Dedication to: thatgirlwriter13 bc she is just beautiful, and talented and her comments never fail to make me smile. I love you.
Random comment gets next chapter's dedication.
I love y'all beauties❤️
-nat