Chapter 17

Marcus and Vivian smiled as Rudy popped the champagne bottle. He poured the couple a glass and did a toast. Marcus downed his glass as Vivian acted as though she took a sip.

The couple had a small ceremony with close friends of the families. Marcus smirked as he watched Rudy and Vivian slow dance, after it was over he turned to her and stroked her cheek, "Happy?"

Vivian held back tears as she nodded. He bit his lip as Marcus approached them, "My wedding gift to you; I'm releasing your contract." The couples eyes widened as he continued, "No man should have power over another man's wife. Besides, your my family."

Vivian cried as she gave him a deep hug. Marcus smiled and shook his hand. Rudy pulled him closer, "If you don't make her happy.. I'll fucking kill you.." Marcus gulped as Rudy gave a scary smile.

"Yes sir."

As the couple was about to leave they froze as they spotted a nervous Maxine at the exit. Vivian slowly walked up to her, "Invitation please?"

Maxine glared back at her, "I'm here to talk to Marcus.."

Marcus stepped between the women and kissed Vivian's forehead, "Ill be right there."

Vivian scowled at Maxine and stepped closer, "Don't get any pathetic ideas.. I'm the one fucking him tonight.."

Marcus looked up to the sky and mouthed, "Thank God." since Vivian had kept her distance since her attack.

Maxine looked down as she past. Marcus stepped to her with his hands in his pockets, "What do you want?"

"I... Vivian is going to die.."

Marcus roughly grabbed her arm, "Is that a threat?"

Maxine shook her head, "Not from me.. Olivia. She was furious when she found out about the wedding. She had Luciano to place a hit, she convinced him that you seduced her."

Marcus's eyes moved around the room as he tried to think, "Where is he now?"

Maxine nervously shook her head, "Home, why?"

Marcus ran to the car where Vivian was waiting. She gasped as he jerked open the door and told her to get out, "Marcus.. What's going on?"

His eyes scanned the street as he made sure there was no danger, "What did you do with Luciano's car?"

Vivian shook her head, "Its in Rudy's garage. I kept it for leverage."

Marcus smiled and kissed her, "My smart girl.."

Luciano and Olivia sat in the living room as he read the news paper and she painted her nails. She did a double take as Luciano's head captain came and whispered something into his ear. He glared at Olivia and eased from his seat. She shrugged and continued to paint her nails.

Luciano beamed as he spotted Vivian and Marcus leaning against his stolen car, "You brought her back!" He turned a cold glare to Marcus, "Why?!"

He stepped forward, "To show you, I'm a man of honor. I did not seduce your wife. After that day you caught her cheating, I broke it off."

Luciano cocked an eyebrow as he studied him, "And the car?"

Vivian stepped up, "I was angry that you didn't help me when I asked for it. I knew it was special, that's why I kept it safe."

Luciano walked around and studied it, "This.. was my first wife's car.."

Vivian looked down, "I'm sorry."

Luciano clicked his tongue, "Okay, since it is your wedding day, and I know no fool would bring his new wife to ask for a pass unless he was telling the truth. Your free to go.."

Marcus chuckled as he lifted Vivian and spun her around. Luciano nudged to one of his men, "Take em to Rudy's."

As they turned to leave, Olivia screamed, "Shoot them!"

Luciano charged to her and held her back, "Olivia! They have a pass!"

She heaved and screamed as she tried to break from his grasp, "Your dead Vivian, and your children and grandchildren! Do you hear me?!"

Vivian's face showed worry but eased, "No, you will never kill my children."

Marcus looked to her in shock. The way she said it was as though she knew a secret. Vivian smiled and nudged her head for them to leave.