Jin (Pt. 1)

Requested by @TheRediWriter
—————————————————————

"Why do I always have to be the new kid?", I muttered under my breath as I walked towards the main office.

Every year my father gets transferred to another business and we have to follow. I don't get why he can't look for another job that doesn't involve us to move around.

"So here is your class schedule and your locker number. If you need any help getting around the school, there is a map in the front to help you. Have any questions, you talk to me. If you have any problems, talk to me. Hopefully you enjoy your first day here. Good luck", the principal smiled at me and motioned me to get to my first class.

I was looking at my class schedule near the cafeteria when I heard a bunch of girls giggling and screaming. I took my eyes off the paper and looked at the direction the girls were looking at. It was a boy. A very tall and handsome boy. I can see why they're screaming their heads off.

He was heading towards the vending machines that were near the water fountain. The girls to my left quickly made their way towards him as he thought about what to get.

"Hi Jin! I can pay for your snap if you want", one of the girls giggled as she got closer to him.

"No I could pay for it. I could even feed you if you want", the other girl said as she got in front of her friend.

I rolled my eyes at their failed attempt of being 'cute'. They treat this guy as if he was a celebrity. He's not that special. He's just like the rest of us, trying to get an education and get out of this hell hole we call a school.

"Girls, that's sweet of you but I'm fine on my own. Don't you two need to get to class? I know you don't have a free period at this time. You need to attend all of your classes so you can go to a great college", he said as he lent a smile towards them.

"Oh my god he knows our schedule", one of the girls squealed silently at her friend while the other one grabbed her hand and smiled excitedly.

"Now get going", the guy said as he waved them off.

The girls waved at him flirtatiously and walked away as they played with their own hair. I continued to look at my class schedule and noticed I don't have my first class until 9:30 am. It's barely 8:25. Might as well look for my locker.

"299...300...aha! 301", I put my bag down so I could try to open my locker.

"10...5...26..", my locker clicked open after putting in my locker combination.

"Yes finally. Wha- where'd my bag go?", I asked myself as I looked down.

"Don't you know you're not supposed to leave your bag on the floor when you're not looking? We've had a lot of students who like to thieve around here."

I turned to my right to notice the guy from earlier holding my bag in his hand. He was leaning against the locker as he had a smug look on his face.

"And who are you? The school police?", I asked sarcastically as I tried to get my bag.

He pulled away, putting my bag behind his back. I can hear a few whispers coming from around us.

"I don't know you. Are you new here?", he asked.

"Why do you care?", I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"It's my job to know everyone in this school. I'm the student body president", he said.

"You sound so proud to say that. I wouldn't go flaunting that around", I said.

"You look familiar though. Like I've seen you before. What's your name?", he asked.

"....(y/n)...(y/n) (y/l/n)..", I said cautiously.

"(Y/n)....so that's why you look so familiar. Don't you remember me? We used to be friends when we were little. We'd build mud cakes together", he smiled as he gave me my bag back.

"Jin? You're the Jin?? Huh, who would've known I'd see you again?", I said, calming down once I remembered.

"So what are you doing here? Last time I remember you moved to a different country", he said.

"My dad was transferred again. You know, gonna be here a year and probably will be moved to another school", I rolled my eyes, swinging my bag over my shoulder.

"But you're 18 right? Why don't you move out and find a place of your own?", he asked.

"It's not that easy. Anyways, do you know where classroom 32A is at? I was honestly having trouble reading my class schedule. It's difficult here", I mumbled, closing my locker.

"You have the same class as me. I'll show you around and when it's time we'll go to class together. It'll be fun", he smiled and started walking.

After showing me around the school, he introduced me to the whole class. I was a bit embarrassed since no one has ever done that before but like he said it's his job for everyone to get along. Since there were no seats available, I had to sit in front near the teacher's desk. I heard everyone snickering and giggling.

When school was over, I walked towards my locker to put my books away. Luckily, there was no homework given today since it was a Friday.

"Hey (y/n), you busy?", Jin asked as he leaned against the lockers.

"I don't have homework so no I'm not busy. I was planning to go home and watch some movies but...why are you asking?", I asked him.

"There's gonna be a party at one of my friend's house. You should come", he said, smiling.

"But...no one knows me", I said.

"That's exactly why you should come along. You'll be my date. Be ready before 8. I'll come pick you up...oh! I'm gonna need your number so you can send me your address", he said, holding out his phone.

My face was already red from the embarrassment from earlier and just the word date coming out of his mouth made me look like the queen of heart from Alice in wonderland whenever she got angry. I'm like a human tomato.

I grabbed his phone and saved my number. When I handed back the phone, he smiled at me and waved. I watched him as he walked away and honestly felt myself floating.

"(Y/n), what are you thinking?? Get a hold of yourself. No liking boys", I said to myself as I shook my head.

I sighed and once again looked at the direction Jin walked. I leaned against the lockers and smiled to myself.

"He's not a boy anymore though."