Chapter 1: A Clear Summer Day

TA 2851 (Shire Reckoning 1251)

(Arulla's P.O.V)

The day I was born came upon a midsummer day. My mother was knitting boots in the nursery humming to herself when an intense pain shot up her spine and ran down to her stomach.

"Guards!" she screamed.

In a quick moment, the guards ran thorugh the door and noticed the poor woman on the floor cradeling her belly.

"My lady Améra! Are you alright?" The guard asked.

My mother shook her head, "Get me to a bed, quickly!"

The guards did as they were told and quickly lifted her off the ground. When they ran around the corner, they opened a nearby door and gently placed the princess on the bed.

Before the guards exited the room, my mother shouted, 'Find my husband, and find the midwife. The baby is- AAHHH"

She screamed in pain again and looked at the guards in the doorway, "Hurry!!!!!!!!!!"

The guards quickly shut the door and split their duties between themselves.

One ran to find the midwife, the other to find my father. It wasn't a big surprise to find my father in the throne room with King Thrór and my grandfather Thrain. The guard bursted through the door and walked over to them while trying to catch his breath. All three men looked at the guard, demanding to know the cause for this outburst. Usually, guards do not enter unless granted entry, this must have been important. The guard began to speak,

"Princess Améra... Labour... Baby... West wing.... Third door on the left." The guard finished his jagged sentence and inhaled deeply as if he'd just came up from underwater.

The prince's eyes grew wider with every word the exhausted guard spoke. He turned his head and looked at his father and grandfather, waiting for them to releive him.

"Go to her Thorin." Thrain said solomly. Thorin nodded in respect and started running out of the room.

As he neared the west wing, his breaths got quicker and quicker.

"One.... Two.... Three..." He slowly moved his hand up to the doorknob of the third door. He breathed in deeply and opened the door.

"Améra" Thorin whispered, his feet glued in the doorway.

The princess opened her eyes and quickly found him staring at her in the doorway. She reached out her hand and waited until he took it. When he finally reached her hand, he softly stroked it with his fingers and raised it to his lips.

"You made it just in time." Améra smiled. Thorin chuckled, "Did you think I wouldn't?" Améra shrugged.

No words were spoken among them, but only emotions were seen. Every pain the princess faced, every scream she screamed, Thorin's eyes filled with fear and worry. It took over two hours before Princess Améra had to begin pushing. Her eyes were filled with tears and some streamed down her face as the pain overcame her as she tried to push. Thorin's hands wrapped tightly around her one and stayed there. She squeezed that hand as hard as she could and didn't care how much pain it caused her husband.

All of Améra's pain was soothed for a moment when the midmives called out to her,

"You're nearly there my lady, nearly there just a few more."

Améra slowly calmed herself and breathed in deeply, almost ready to give up. Thorin saw this and squeezed his wife's hand. She turned to look at him,

"Come on Améra, you can do this." My mother slowly shook her head.

"I can't... I can't do this Thorin." She whimpered, "I'm scared... It hurts so much... Thorin...."

Thorin sighed in defeat.. "I know, but I have faith in you that you can do this. Because I know you will." And with those few words, Améra's strength and beleif in herself grew and she let out one final scream and one final push.

The child's wailing screams peirced the silence in Thorin's mind. As he turned around he saw the midwife holding a bundle of blankets in her arms.

"Your Highness, its a beautiful baby girl." The midwife smiled.

Thorin eyed the bundle and slowly reached his arms out to take the small and sleeping child. He just stared at me, with awe. I was his child, his own blood. I was told that a rush of emotions ran through my father's eyes. That of love, joy, and protection.

"She's perfect." My father smiled, and then slowly handed me off to my mother.

Before he let go of me, my small hand wrapped tightly around his braided beard. Thorin chuckled, and gently placed me in my mother's arms, trying his best not to wake me, but it did not work. However, I did not scream, I just stared at my parents, and they stared at me.

My mother looked deep into my eyes.

"Thorin... Look...." My father leaned in closer, "... She has your eyes. Icy blue. and your dark brown hair. She's our perfect little gem."

My father smiled at me and then at my mother.

"Well this perfect little gem needs a name Thorin, and I want you to name her." Thorin looked up, shocked, but then started to search his mind to find the perfect name.

Then my father smiled, "Arulla. For pure beauty."

Améra looked up at her husband and then back at the precious babe in her arms, "Arulla."

___________________________

Character Ages:

Thorin: 105 (Yes I made Thorin older so I wouldn't be called a child molester for having a 24 year old dwarfling have a child ;) lol )
Balin: 87
Améra: 85
Dwalin: 79
Dís: 91
Frérin: 100
Thráin: 207
Thrór: 309

Arulla~ A-Roo-La
Améra~ A-mare-a

P.s.: Arulla doesn't truly mean "pure beauty" but I just thought it fit :)

P.p.s. Arulla has a middle name that will be revealed in later chapters so don't get confused :)