Chapter 13

Camila's POV

I was sat on my bed upstairs, tucked away in my room with my laptop in my lap. It was now 2 days into winter break, no classes for two weeks and a half, which I was excited about because I needed a little breather from school. In fact, I didn't plan on doing anything at all during that time.

My mother and my father had wanted to go back to California for the break but when my sister and I protested, they let it go and we decided to not leave Miami. A certain green-eyed girl might or might not have been a big part of me not wanting to go back. Obviously the only reason could not have been the warm weather that just didn't feel like Christmas. I was perfectly content in Miami and so was our family.

"Hello gorgeous", Lauren's voice startled me but only for a few seconds. It wasn't long until I rose to my feet and jumped her, hugging her tightly as I had not seen her in almost 5 days. The green-eyed girl had been sick therefore she didn't go the last 2 days of school. She smiled into our embrace before pulling back slightly. "Your mom let me in. I missed you."

I sighed happily, "I missed you too", we were totally exaggerating but we couldn't help it. It had only been 5 days and we texted everyday as well, it's not like we didn't have any contact but when it came to her everything was amplified, so I did miss her a lot.

"What are you doing?" the taller girl asked as she let herself fall down on top of my bed, looking at my laptop. I closed the door so I could enjoy her presence in the privacy of my room. I had been wanting to kiss her but I still hadn't managed to because I didn't want anyone interrupting and seeing just how affectionate we were. I ignored her question and laid down next to her, turning towards her and bringing our lips together. Lauren hummed into the kiss and I didn't want it to get heated right away, I kept pulling back slightly to not only try to have some self control but also to tease her, and she reacted. She had something different in mind because next thing I knew, I was on my back with her leg pushed in between mine. "Netflix and chill?" she joked and chuckled at her own silliness as she wriggled her eyebrows.

I felt her trailing kisses down my neck but I had to stop her despite enjoying it. "It's not a good time..." I placed my hands on her shoulders as she puffed against my neck. It actually took everything in me to push her away but there was no way it could go any further at that time.

"What? Why?" she pouted when we were face to face, her body on top of mine.

"I'm on my period," I told her sheepishly and her eyes widened.

"Oh," Lauren let out a soft grunt as she dropped her head to my collarbone. "Those are annoying," I took calm breaths and trailed my hands upwards from her shoulders to the back of her neck.

I giggled at her sincerity, "I think I know how annoying they are considering I'm the one who has to endure them," I continued in a throaty voice. I was ready to fall asleep right there with her and take a nice and hopefully long nap but she wasn't.

"Are you like, on any kind of like...birth control or something?" she asked, surprising me with her question but also surprising me with the coyness lacing her tone. I pulled back a bit and a smile grazed my lips as my eyebrows furrowed.

"I'm not on the pill if that's what you're wondering," I answered honestly and saw her nodding. "Why do you ask?"

"Well," she shifted on top of me a little bit before answering, "I have to know if I have to start carrying condoms here. You know, just in case," I laughed loudly this time, my eyes never leaving hers and I saw her getting more confused at my reaction my the second. We still hadn't been intimate other than below the waist action for both and although I understood the reason for her question, the way she just asked it was funny. "What are you laughing at?"