Fear

When the four Titans returned after successfully putting the frustrating Mumbo Jumbo back in jail, they were greeted with a brooding Robin. Now, they had all seen their young leader like this before; many times in fact, but that didn't mean I wasn't a bad thing. Robin usually reverted to this state when he was either stuck, or if he'd been given extremely troubling news. Based on how quickly it had seemed to set in, they were guessing it to be a combination of both.

"Robin, what has troubled you? Where is the ghost Clockwork?" Starfire asked, something akin to fear in her voice.

"He's gone." Was all Robin said, completely ignoring her other question. The boy wonder stood, shoving past the other Titans to where their plans still sat. The other Titans shared a look, before Cyborg spoke.

"So what's got you in a mood?" Robin glared at the half metal teen, but chose to let it go. They had bigger problems than Cyborg's teasing. Eventually, Robin sighed, giving in.

"He left. But not before giving me information." He said, gesturing for them to come over and sit down. With his face still unbelievably grim, he continued. "Clockwork told me what Alpan's plans are-"

"What does she want with Danny?" Beast Boy interrupted loudly, earning a glare from the others. He shuffled his feet, looking down. Robin continued.

"Yes, with Danny, but also what her general plans are. How many of you saw Danny when he was training?" Robin asked, wanting to know how much he would need to explain. Only Raven and Cyborg had, to which Robin sighed. This explanation would take a while. "Danny is extremely powerful. It's a wonder we hadn't discovered him before. He managed to defeat villains far more powerful than any we've ever faced singlehandedly. And that includes your father, Raven." Robin said, taking notice of the shocked looks the others wore. Robin supposed even Cyborg and Raven didn't know he was that powerful.

"Wait, what?" Beast Boy shouted. "Her dad was almost impossible to beat! And it took all of us, plus Slade! And you're telling me that he's beaten guys even stronger?" Robin nodded, making the changeling's jaw drop.

"And now all that power is helping Alpan." Raven said gravely. Robin nodded grimly. The other's eyes widened; clearly they hadn't thought of that.

"That isn't all. According to Clockwork, Danny hasn't even reached his full potential yet; not even close. Alpan plans to force him into achieving that unnaturally fast, making him even stronger."

"Man." Cyborg breathed out. "There must be someone stronger, from the Justice League?" Robin just shook his head.

"No. When Danny reaches his strongest, there isn't anyone in either dimension that will be able to match him." Robin said, refusing to allow any fear taint is voice. Cyborg looked disbelieving, while the others looked almost fearful.

"C'mon Rob, don't you think you're exaggerating?" He asked, though there seemed to be a tinge of nervousness in his voice. Once again, Robin shook his head.

"Danny's a half ghost, Cyborg. And, according to Clockwork, that means he draws energy from both planes. Thus making him more powerful than any being on either." Robin explained, his features becoming even more grim.

"What about Mr. Masters?" Starfire asked. "Is he not a half spirit as well?" The others seemed to be wondering the same question, remembering the secret identity that Danny had revealed Vlad to be. And again, Robin shook his head no.

"No. Though I'm not sure why, but he isn't as powerful." He said, shaking his head again. "But I haven't told you everything yet."

"What else could there possibly be?!" Beast Boy shouted in frustration. "First you tell us that Danny can whoop any and all of us, then you say no one can beat him! What else?"

"Alpan plans to destroy the dimension." Robin said flatly.

"WHAT?" They all shouted in unison.

"Alpan plans to use Danny's power to destroy the dimension." Robin repeated.

"But that would destroy the Ghost Zone too?" Raven asked, bringing her hand to her chin in thought. Robin nodded, understanding her confusion. He felt that way too.

"I'm not sure why she'd want that, but she does. And you know we have to stop her." The Titans all nodded in response.

"How are we supposed to with Danny as her guard dog?" Cyborg asked.

"I have an idea." Robin said, turning towards Raven. "Raven, is there anyway you could enter Danny's mind?" He asked, much to the surprise of the sorcerous. Raven took a moment to think before answering.

"I might be able to. I need to consult my tomes." And with that she swept out of the room, cloak billowing out behind her. Robin then turned to the others.

"While she does that, we need to prepare. There's no way to know when Alpan will come. We have to be ready." The Titans nodded in agreement. What Robin didn't say though, was how much he hoped Raven could find a way into Danny's mind. He would never admit it, but he was downright terrified to fight the half ghost. Not only because of his strength, but because he didn't know if he could truly fight Danny. Out of all of the Titans, he had become the closest to Robin, despite their lack of communication. And, should it come down to it, Robin didn't think he could deal the final blow.

Robin prayed that Raven worked quickly.

A/n: Hi guys!!! Hope you liked the chapter! I just wanted to let you know that if any part of the science side of this story confuses you, be sure to let me know! I'll do my best to explain!