8

(Alright, I posted this part a few days ago and for some reason, it unpublished, sorry)

[Chapter eight]

Just as the movie finishes, the front door opens and a beautiful petite lady with copper hair and pale skin walks in.

"Oh, I didn't know we were having company." She smiles warmly at me.

"Mom, this is--" Noah starts but I cut him off.

"Boy, I have a mouth. I can introduce myself." I say before turning to Noah and Danny's mother. "Kia Ora. My name's Nevaeh."

She grins widely at me. "You're Māori?"

"And proud."

I'm a bit surprised she could tell because most people haven't even heard of New Zealand, let alone the Māori culture.

But at the same time, she is British, and they're kinda the reason New Zealand actually has cities rather than just being one big bush.

I'm also glad she didn't ask about my hoodie. The last person that did was Max and I wanted to punch him in the face.

"Would you like to stay for dinner, sweetheart?" She questions, giving me a warm motherly smile.

I open my mouth to deny but Danny jumps in.

"Please, Vaeh!" He runs up to me, wrapping his arms around my waist and staring up at me while giving me the puppy face.

"Uhh, if that's alright with you, Mrs. King?"

"Of course it is." She smiles wider. "And please, call me Tanya.

"YAY!" Danny cheers, letting go of me.

Tanya laughs. "Danny, do you want to help me make dinner?"

"Yeah!" He yells, running into the kitchen.

"Noah, why don't you show Nevaeh around the house?" She turns to her eldest son.

"Hmm, no thanks." Noah turns away from his mother and to the T.V.

"It wasn't a question." She snatches the remote from him and switches off the T.V. "Now get off your lazy arse."

I chuckle under my breath as Noah groans, getting up and trudging over to me.

"Come on, Carter. I'm going to give you a tour of my humble abode." He drones sarcastically.

"Wow, don't sound too excited." I roll my eyes.

*~*

"--and last stop, my room." He opens a door and walks in, plopping down on his bed. I follow him and stand in the middle of the room like the weirdo I am.

Surprisingly, it's not messy at all.

There's two shelves on the wall. One has photos on it and the others one has books on it.

His bed is in the corner of the room with a bedside table next to it, which has a photo and two books on it, and a guitar at the foot of the bed.

And there's also a door leading to the balcony across from the door which leads back into the hallway.

I look around for a few more seconds before my eyes focus on the guitar.

"You play guitar?" I question.

"No, Carter, it's just there for decoration." He says sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

My lips quirk up slightly.

"Yeah, that makes sense." I play along. "You're more of the, 'I pretend to play the guitar to impress girls, but when I'm alone I listen to Air Supply's greatest hits while crying about how I'm forever alone'."

From the corner of my eye, I see him smile slightly.

This dude should smile more. It suits him.

*~*

I changed Noah's last name to King. It suits him more. Deal with it.