I'm Sorry (V.E.) p2

1st Person POV

"Y/N, Y/N, wake up," I think that's Simone's voice, but why is she telling me to get up. I don't need too. There's no school today. And my treadmill workout isn't until later today. "I said wake up!" Definitely Simone. Her hands shake my body back and forth, until I decided to smack her. That didn't do any good, because she threw me off the bed.

"Bitch," I mutter. She laughs and helps me up off the floor. Bradley is standing next to her, he has a big smile plastered over his face for this early in the morning.

Its been months since we last heard from Viola. The last thing we heard was the first ship catching fire mid flight, then a horrible crash. Nobody knows if her family survived or not.

I have been a wreck.

Ever since that day I haven't eaten as much as I used to, sleeping is very hard, and I don't have much energy to do anything anymore. Only just a couple weeks ago I've felt better. Bradley and Simone were the ones who helped me get back on my normal track. Simone set up a schedule for me to get back on while Bradley helped me do them.

Now, they are both in my room with crazy looks on their face.

Simone spoke up, " we have just been allowed to—"

"Viola might be alive!" Bradley interrupts and shoots his hands out to make jazz hands.

"Way to beat the news around the bush," the girl hisses and smacks Bradley against his chest. I still have no idea what they are talking about, but hearing them talking makes me more and more excited. "Y/N, we have a mission. The adults here are giving us three a second settler ship to go down to New World before they head down. They want us to make sure Viola is okay," or alive, "and that where we are going to safe. We will have to report back to them, because they leave three weeks after we do."

I sit back on my bed. This still doesn't make sense. They are probably only sending me, Bradley, and Simone to New World to check if the place is safe since Viola never responded. They want us to do the dirty work.

Bradley and I began the train that day on how to fly a settler ship. We often fought during our lessons on who would be in control and who would be second in command. Simone had quite some fun watching us fight. On the other hand, she learns about how to prepare food, take care of wounds, and lots of other basic survival methods.

After five days of preparation, we are forced to leave. Bradley and Simone made sure to set my alarm the night before, because they both know that I won't get up without a fight. In reality, I have been up all night thinking of possibly seeing Viola again.

The alarm goes off around six forty-five in the morning, and I almost jump out of bed when I heard it. Either I am way too excited or it scared me. Waking up to loud drums is not always the best.

We were told to pack light. I don't know how light, light really is. Out of my closet, I take a small sized bag out to put clothes in. Before I leave my room for the last time, I stick my bear into the bag. I kiss both of my parent's heads, leaving them each little notes for when they wake up.

Bradley let's out a low whistle when he sees me appear around the corner with my bag in hand. "What the hell happened to you last night?"

Simone rushes over to my side, holding my face in her hands while she examines my eyes. Her thumb grazes under and over my eyes, tracing over the large circles. "Sweetie, were you thinking about her again?"

Of course I was. "It's nothing, lets just get a move on with this adventure."

"I'm driving," Bradley interjects, stepping in front of me and Simone. "We are not risking you falling asleep on the control panel, Y/N. Just go get some rest in the back."