HP&SB: The Deathly Hallows

CHAPTER 1/ Going Back

I watched with mixed emotions as the Dursley's car pulled out of the driveway of Number 4, Privet Drive, for the last time. Their departure left me alone, and for the first time I had the small house completely and freely to myself. But not for long. Soon I would be leaving as well, but unlike the Dursleys, I was more than ready to say goodbye.

I paced around my room restlessly, thinking over the events of the last year for what must've been the hundredth time. Dumbledore was dead. Voldemort had taken over. And the Ministry of Magic, from what information I had been able to gather, was corrupt. We were in a world at war, and I was stuck in the center of it.

Lost in my head, I didn't notice the people flying down from the sky until the roar of a motorcycle engine reached my ears, strange and familiar at the same time. I glanced out the window, watching as Order members stepped off their brooms. Adrenaline pumped through my veins as I hurried from my room and down the stairs, managing to throw the front door open just as Hermione and Ron made it to the door step.

"Harry!" Hermione greeted warmly as I was engulfed in her hug, another from Ron quickly following.

"All right, Harry? Ready to go?" Ron asked as he let go. I nodded eagerly, stepping back so the Order members could flood into the living room, each greeting me as they walked by.

"Come on, let's get moving before they kill us." Moody's growl bellowed, grabbing me by the arm and pulling me along, his magic eye spinning around wildly. In the living room was the Weasley twins, along with Arthur Weasley, Bill Weasley, Fleur Delacour, Mundungus Fletcher, Remus Lupin, Kingsley Shacklebolt, and Nymphadora Tonks. They were all welcome sights, but my eyes widened in surprise when I caught the figure of one person who had managed to sneak in without me seeing her.

Siri Black leant against the wall of my living room, leather-clad arms crossed over her chest. Her hair, once jaw-length, now just brushed her tan shoulders. She was taller too. But she was Siri. It had been a long time since I had seen her. A year almost, when we were fifteen. Now we were both nearly seventeen, and surely changed. I wondered how much she had changed. I wondered how the fact that my heart sped up every time I looked at her hadn't. I moved to walk over, to say something, but Moody's hand was firm on my shoulder.

"Okay, Potter. We'll be flying this time, as we can't apparate or floo anywhere without the Ministry being aware of it. So we've sorted out a plan as to get you there. I believe you're familiar with this?" Mad-Eye asked, pulling a flask out of his pocket, carrying the faint smell of- I scowled.

"No. No way." I said, and Mad-Eye rolled his real eye, setting the polyjuice potion down on the counter.

"Potter, all of us -almost all of us- are overage and have agreed to the risks." He said, but I shook my head quickly.

"No, this is way more dangerous, masquerading as me. Besides, you need my hair." I pointed out, stepping away. Mad-eye, looking more exasperated than anything nodded. I had noticed that Siri had moved from the wall till she was behind me, grabbing my hair and tugging sharply enough.

"OW."

"Sorry Potter." She said briskly as she moved past, handing the lock of my hair to Mad-Eye. I scowled, watching her go to sit down on top of the counter as Mad-Eye sighed.

"Thank you, Black. Okay, Potters, line up!" He bellowed, and Fred, George, Fleur, Ron and Hermione lined up. I watched warily as Mad-Eye eyed the line up before frowning.

"Mundungus!" He bellowed gruffly, and Mundungus Fletcher stepped forward, obviously unhappy about his current situation. Mad-Eye nodded then, taking the flash off the counter top and handing it to Fred.