A girl!?

I woke up to silence and for a moment considered burrowing back under the covers to sleep a while longer but then realized I had Alpha responsibilities now. I sighed lowly before dragging myself out from under the warm blankets and grabbing some clothes before going into the bathroom to take a shower.

My clothes consisted of jeans and a black T-shirt with converse so in case of an incident where I would have to shift into my wolf form it would be easy to strip quickly and with ease. Instead of eating a full breakfast I grabbed a granola bar from the kitchen and headed onto the front porch to look out at the camp area. It was very warm luckily so members were already up and walking about cheerfully, a few children who had shifted into their wolf forms were playing with one another close to the porch. I walked past them with a smile and they quickly jumped away from each other to look at me, making sure to show respect to their new Alpha, I nodded at them and they just as quickly began playing again. Jasper was speaking with one of our lead warriors I could see as I neared the two, I listened in slightly while continuing to walk towards the both of them

"Lead a patrol in the eastern area, we have recently been getting some complaints of a rogue wandering around so watch out for them" Jasper's voice was filled with confidence and I could feel the excitement from him. The warrior nodded at him before turning away to walk into the forest, Jasper turned towards me and smiled slightly

"Well good morning Miss Alpha," he said happily, his short blonde hair was ruffled today which I guessed was to look good for his first day on the job as Beta.

"Good Morning Beta" I replied, stopping beside him and giving his shoulder a playful nudge.

"So, I have 3 patrols out right now that are remarking our borders and I'll probably send a 4th soon if you think it's necessary. I've had them all keep an eye out for that rogue that's been wandering around slightly-" I cut him off

"Do we know anything about this rogue yet? From its smell or anything," I asked,

"No, this rogue is clever and always seems to come before a storm hits so the scent is gone before any of our members get there" I nodded and started walking forwards with Jasper following beside me closely.

"It is, however, stealing prey so we are assuming that it must be rather weak since most werewolves don't actually catch and eat prey unless there is no human food around. We did have a member get injured this morning from getting their paw stuck in a rabbit hole and spraining their ankle pretty badly, it was a warrior in training named Devin." He said as we walked on through the camp, instead of continuing to walk through the entire area of houses and small buildings I stopped and turned around to look at my camp again, my chest seemed to be bursting with pride over the fact that I could now call this "My Camp."

"Don't send out a fourth patrol, but I'd like it if you got a small search party to go out and look for this rogue but if they do find it to come back and tell me before taking any action to bring it back to camp. Also, they can go past the borders but not into another packs territory, just into the field that is unmarked on the east side of the camp. I'm going to check on Devin, assuming he is in the hospital or did they already send him home?" I looked at him out of the corner of my eye while asking the question.

"He went home a little while ago, they wrapped his ankle in gauze but that's it. I'll send out they search part asap" he said before walking over to a warrior that was close to us. I watched him for a for seconds before turning around to walk in the direction of Devin's house, I knew the boy well since his parents had been very close to mine and it was a necessity to know all of your pack members well. I neared the house and it was quite a good size but they also had a large family consisting of, Lilian and Mark who were the adults of the house, Devin, Miya, Ellie and George who were their 4 children. Devin was the oldest and he was 14 in human years, then Miya who was 11, Ellie at 6 and George who was 4, they all were very polite children and were known for their good behaviors. I felt bad that Devin had sprained his ankle after only 6 days of being an apprentice of one of our lead warriors, Nichole, who had years of experience and was pretty much the perfect mix of kind yet aggressive when she needed to be.