Chapter 35 (Final)

Camila's POV

"We've arrived," the driver announced as we pulled up in front of the jet.

"Remember this, Mama?" I smirked at the woman whose eyes were wide.

"I forgot how big it was," she uttered nervously.

"C'mon," I encouraged her to get out of the car and took her hand to lead her to the massive plane.

I was taking my mother to Milan with me where we were meeting Donatella. And I wanted to show her around the city and my workplace since she hadn't been back in 10 years. So many things changed and upgraded in the company, including my brand so I wanted to give her the full experience.

The first thing was flying on my $480 million Airbus 380 private jet, the Cabello Air. Not too many others had a private Airbus like we did but it was Giorgio's 23rd birthday present from his grandfather. I wasn't ever going to get rid of it. Even then I kept the Boeing 747.

"Damn, walking up those red velvet stairs never gets old," I chuckled as the flight attendants took my bags.

"This is truly unbelievable," my mother gasped at the upgraded lounge.

"Isn't it? There's so many places to sit and watch TV or movies," I guided her along through the hallways, showing her the dining room, kitchen, and upstairs to the three bedrooms and game room that had even more TV's (the kids' favorite).

"So... you like showing off all your assets?" she chuckled during lunch.

"Well, it's not like I'm gonna hide them away," I countered jokingly.

"You know, words cannot express how proud I am of you, Karla. Not just because you make a lot of money and can afford ridiculously expensive things... but for doing what you truly love for a living. Not many people can say they do that. Your passion for your creating beautiful fashion is inspiring," she complimented wholeheartedly.

"Aww, Mama, that's so sweet," I pouted lovingly. "Oh.. no wine, thank you," I giggled at the waitress who was about to pour some for me.

"Eating and drinking for two," Mama smirked and I looked down at my growing stomach. The bump wasn't very big just yet but getting there.

I could remember like it was yesterday when I showed Lauren the pregnancy test even though it was only a month ago. Since then we'd gone to get a ultrasound scan and picture of the newest nugget that was 14 weeks, due in May. 26 more weeks to go.

Lauren wanted a boy and so did I. Pretty much everyone did actually. And since it was my fifth child, I already had a feeling it would be.

"But thank you so much, Mami. I still can't believe the life I live," I shook my head, reflecting on how crazy of a time I've had these past 30 years. "A lot of times I'd get so depressed and angry at how things wouldn't go as planned... you know, with the losses and heartbreak... but I know now that you just have to take it and learn from it anyway. As cliché as it is... what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and I feel like it really can't get that much worse anymore."

She laughed, "Well, it's good that you don't despise your life anymore. Honestly, you have a lot of things to be thankful for."

"I know and I am. I've got the best family, best career... I wouldn't want to be anybody else," I grinned.

***

The first thing we did was obviously go shopping throughout the whole city. I told my mother to pick out anything she wanted and I'd do the rest. She declined at first so I really had to actually force her to get stuff from Fendi, Gucci, Christian Louboutin , Prada, Versace, etc. The nicest thing had to be the shoes from Jimmy Choo in which I also couldn't help but snag a new pair of heels as well. Damn, high fashion. Such a weakness.