D is for Delivery

Coffee meant calories. 

Calories meant fat.

And fat I had plenty off. Did he want a slice?

Not to mention a coffee with this guy, I would probably trolled and left half way, why was he asking me.

"What?" I said giving him a chance to fix it, and he did. 

"Nothing never mind, bye," he said giving me a curt nod before turning around and walking out the door. I stared at his retreating figure before shaking my head and walking into the back room where Jenny was perched at the table concentrating.

Maybe I should have said yea and scared him a bit. I laughed to myself looking at Jenny.

All her soft features were pulled into a determined look, how did some people look so perfect doing anything.

I shook my head, it wasn't right to feel jealousy over my best friend. 

"You need help?"

"No, just a few more, get started on the flowers,"

I nodded taking the bucket to the far corner and sitting down relaxing my body. When I was sitting I didn't have to hold my breathe, force anything. Be natural. I shrugged my jacket off feeling the heat get to me and laid it across my lap.

I plucked the flowers out grabbing the thread Jenny already put out for me and got to work. There were so many to do, and such little time.

It wasn't till midday I was finished with one bucket, and I had plenty more to go. I frowned, how did time go so fast? I was sure I did more flowers than this.

"Violet?"

I looked up at her as she stood up stretching.

"Yea?"

"Do you want to go get lunch now?"

I was starving and my stomach knew it, but then again should I really eat? Maybe if I skipped a meal I could get less calorie intake but that was bad.

"Actually you go eat, I'll go on a break once you come back and I can finish more flowers,"

She nodded grabbing her coat, "Do you want me to bring you back something, oooh how about that new cake store in the corner. How about I get us some slices?"

"No thanks, I don't feel like sugar," I told her and she gave me an odd look before grabbing her purse.

"I never understand how you don't like sugar, I crave it," 

I smiled going back to the flowers as she left, of course I loved sugar. Who didn't? They were denying themselves, but at the same time sugar was bad. Sugar was a sweet sin I can't indulge in.

I stretched out my feet knowing I was all alone.

I got up walking to the staff kitchen at the back and filled up my glass with water. I placed a few ice-cubes in, when the water was cold, I could barely tell it was water.

I took the glass back with me and sat back down looking at all the flowers. Sometimes I hated my job.

 *

I stirred the sauce in the pan, why did this look so wrong, and smell so bad?

Day one of trying to cook a healthy dinner, fail.

I grunted switching the stove off and throwing the remained of the disaster into the bin, well I couldn't make healthy pasta, sue me.

I bit my lip looking at the fridge, should I? I really shouldn't. I could hear the ice-cream just calling my name, like a seductive man in bed, except all I had was a bed, a good bed that was just for me.