Chapter Fifty

[50]

[50]

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

"You want me to what?"

Elspeth didn't seem to reject the idea right away, she just seemed to want confirmation that she understood what Milo wanted from her. Perhaps it was asking a lot of the Auror, she still had a job of her own to tend to as well as her family. He couldn't just ask her to ignore her previous duties because that would cause plenty of conflicts.

With a shake of his head, Milo turned away from his godmother. "Nevermind," he muttered, "it was a stupid idea actually, you have way more on your plate-"

"Now, Milo, that's not what I asked," Elspeth smiled at him, "I asked what you wanted me to do."

"I just figured if you followed Moody around then we could collect evidence that something is up with him. Of course, Dumbledore trusts him, but that doesn't say much to me, I stopped trusting that man a long time ago."

"Has he been giving you trouble as of recent?" Elspeth asked.

"No, not really, he just cut me off the other night when me and Moody were arguing. But of course, he claimed that I was practically delusional, while he spoke to him. That's what I'm talking about, Dumbledore is the one who hired him, he's not going to listen to me. He already doesn't like me, I'm sure more than anything that he's the one who intercepted my letters over the summer."

"Yes, I remember you saying that? Have you come up with a reason as to why he would do such a thing?"

"Because he doesn't want Harry near me, he doesn't want Harry near us. I'm sure you've noticed it Aunt El, but Harry has a lot more freedom to go with the Weasley family under Dumbledore's consent, but he can hardly ever come here. No offence to the Weasleys, I love them too, but we're his family too. Harry should be with us...all of us, in Hogsmeade. Not with the Dursleys, not with the Weasleys. But Dumbledore won't allow it."

"He claims it's for the protection of Harry-"

"He's being abused in the Dursley household, what sort of protection is that? That's not what my mother and father sacrificed themselves for...so that Harry and I could be separated and he could be miserable with the Dursleys. I don't care what amount of protection is there, we could do better! Harry would be safe around all of us and he would be happy. Dumbledore doesn't keep him there for the reasons he thinks and safe from what? The only time Harry's ever been attacked is when he's here at this school!"

"Alright, Milo, calm down," Elspeth whispered to him as she placed her hands on his shoulders and met his eye level. "Listen, I'm not fighting what you're saying, you know that. I agree with you. Something is awfully strange about the situation that we're all facing. Trust me, I'm on your side, we all are. Trust me, I wish things had turned out different to the point where Remus, Sirius, and myself could have been there for you and Harry like we were supposed to be, but we screwed up. We trusted the wrong sorts and we made mistakes, but you, you're way ahead of the game and that's a good thing."