Getaway

Emma's POV

"Emma you're not getting fat," Ethan groaned for the millionth time.

"Yes I am. I'm huge. Look at this. This dress can't even pass my chest anymore!"

"Emma, you're having twins. Of course you'll gain some weight, but baby you're not fat yet."

"Yet?!" I cried out. 

My baby bump was now visible and I couldn't fit into my favorite black dress. Ethan was taking me out to dinner but I was throwing a tantrum because of what felt like sudden, rapid weight gain.

"Well why don't we just stay in and eat? Have the chef prepare us something special?"

"You don't wanna been seen with a cow in public?"

"Emma, stop it. You're not a cow, baby. You're beautiful."

"You're only saying that because I'm your fiancee. I feel ugly."

"Would you stop. You're not ugly."

"Yes I am. You don't even want us to go out."

"Emma, fine. Try on another dress and we'll go out."

"For everyone to laugh at me with my huge tummy. I can't even fit into my dresses."

"Baby, you tried on one dress. There're many others. Try another one."

"No. If this one can't fit, then the others wouldn't fit either. I'll just end up disappointing myself."

"Well what do you want to do?"

"Lets stay in for dinner. Tell the chef to make my favorite."

"Emma, remember what the doctor said, you have to start eating healthy."

"Arrrrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhh!!"

"Don't even start. I'll have the chef make something nutritious; and you're going to eat every bit of it."

"Fine!"

After an hour Ethan and I were sitting in the dinning room. The chef presented the meals then went back to the kitchen. I couldn't believe what was on my plate. The food looked like green slime. The look on my face when it slipped through the fork. Eww.

"Eat up."

"How do you expect me to eat this? This is pure slime."

"Baby, it's not slime. It's okras with callaloo and carrot sauce."

"Eww. What the hell! I don't want this."

"Emma. Taste it."

"No! Hell will have to freeze over."

He got up from his seat, taking the slimy thing and putting it up to my lips. "Aah," he said.

I laughed and he put the spoon into my mouth. It tasted delicious. I playfully pushed him off and began eating the dark green meal.

"See, told you that you'd like it."

"Oh, shut up," I said, putting the last spoon full into my mouth. 

Ethan and I walked to the patio by the swimming pool. With my back on his chest and his strong arms wrapped around my waist, we gazed up at the night stars.

"You know, I never thought my life would have been like this. I grew up with nothing and nobody by my side. My parents didn't even want me. This is my fairy tale coming true. I'm here with a billionaire, not that your money matter to me, but I can't believe this is my life now."

"Baby you're special in every way and I'm just sorry that we didn't find each other sooner. I'm here for you and the babies; I'm not going anywhere. I love you so much and I can't wait to meet our children. Oh, that reminds me, I'm remodeling the rooms next to ours into double nurseries— blue and Pink."

"Typical."

"Ha ha. There's a shooting star, make a wish."

"Why? All my wishes are already coming true. No need for another one."

"It's beginning to get chilly."

"You did tell me that we're going on a sunny vacation. Is it the Caribbean?"

"Clever much? Yes baby, we're leaving next week."

"Aw, I can't wait for this."

"Lets go upstairs. There's something I have to show you."

"What is it?" I asked as I lay on the bed, straightening the pillows. 

He walked over to the dresser and took out a small box. He opened it and I saw the most beautiful necklace, with the words "The Hollens" engraved on its pendent.

"Baby, this is beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you."

"Thank you so much for this."

"Anything for my baby."

______________________

The next week, after my doctor's check up, Ethan and I were packed for the Caribbean. We packed lightly because he said we'd buy everything we needed there. He didn't even tell me what island we would be visiting. I always dreamed of going to the Bahamas but, knowing that he went there with Sharon, I wasn't so keen on visiting it.

His mother's businesses had gone directly to him. She had left everything for him in her will— all the global hotels, yachts, private jets and a shit load of money. Being his parent's only child it was all his.

"Baby, I've been meaning to ask you something. When the police arrested your dad, he said McHall. But isn't it Hollen?"

"No. My dad is McHall and so is my mom because they're married. I have my mom's maiden name."

"Oh. But I always referred to your mom as Mrs. Hollen and so did she."

"She had built a lot of her business before she got married so she used Hollen, which was the name everyone knew her by. But she used 'Mrs.' because she was married. Buckle up."

"You still haven't told me where exactly we're going."

"It's a surprise. Just relax and enjoy the ride. Did you take the motion sickness pills?"

"Yes. One hour before, just as he said."

"Good. I wouldn't be cleaning up your vomit if you hadn't taken them."

"How charming of you."

Five minutes later we were in the sky. It was now the ending of November and we wouldn't return until the day before Christmas Eve. I was so looking forward to the warm sun, fresh seawater, cool coconuts, friendly people, new cultures and everything else about the Caribbean.