31. Single

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE:
SINGLE

- Jihee -

The week was about to pass and I received no calls from any of the jobs, so I gave another one again, which I messed up badly, and I had no expectations from this one. I walked out of the interview room with a frown on my face which evidently got the ones who had been waiting to get in there more nervous.

My savings had been going down little by little, and I had no idea how to get through this without a job. It had me rethinking about the one I got a call from but I decided to ditch because of less pay. I could at least earn money to buy food to survive.

I was about to leave behind the premises when I bumped into another old friend, and I would call him a little bit more good looking than the other one I met a few days ago. I could never forget how he hid those things from me, but that would not make him less attractive.

"Noona?"

"Jungkook?" I imitated his widened eyes that made him let out a little chuckle.

"How're you doing?" he asked nervously.

"Would you like to grab an ice cream?" I changed the topic.

I brought him to this really good ice cream shop I discovered a few days ago, and I was craving for it after all of that stress in the interview hall. I remembered his favorite flavor since I used to go with him and my- I stopped to think about it and placed an order instead.

"So how's life?" he asked.

I licked the cream that stayed in my lips and gulped in nervousness. "Um, life? I've been giving a lot of interviews but not a single good news, " I shrugged my shoulders and sighed.

"Ugh, this is weird but- here you go, in case you didn't get any, but I'm sure you'll get one, " he handed me a card.

It looked familiar and was familiar since there you could see the two bold letters in the business card.

||PARK ENTERPRISES||

That was the place he worked, but not a place for me even think about getting a job. I was thankful for him to willing to help me out but my bad. I shoved the business card into my bag and thanked him.

"Thanks!"

"Oh, and I heard you're engaged, well, congratulations!" he did a little clap with his hands.

"No, I think you've mistaken. And who told you this? Oh, I'm sure it was him. But my ex-boyfriend got engaged with another woman. I'm single now, and are you?" I was surprised by what I blurted out at the end and hoped that he would not think I was trying to hit on him.

That actually was not a bad idea. I could hit on him, right? No.

"I've been single for a while now and so is Jimin Hyung-"

"Oh. I see, " I was taking this to awkwardness.

"I think I should leave, " he stood up and formally bowed at me before walking out.

This guy probably freaked out from what I did out of nervousness. I was simply like a jobless person who roams around and freak people out. It kinda made sense but not really.