Chapter one

"Give me the goddamn controller!" Vivian shouted as she jumped on top of me.

"No! I need to clear this wave!" I shouted back as I pushed her onto the floor. I quickly jumped off of the couch as I leaned closer to the tv. "Almost. Almost." I made the player reload and as I was going to make the final shot at the zombie head, the tv shut off. "Wha- Viv!" She smiled cheekily and ran out of my room.

I growled angrily and ran after her. "Do you know how long that took me?!" I jumped over the couch as she ran behind it.

"You weren't gonna get it anyways! You had another zombie behind you coming out of the window." I jolted to her making her jump the other way. This kept going on until I finally made a run to her.

She screamed kicking a soccer ball behind her which took me off guard. I tripped on it and crashed into the wall but not before knocking my moms favorite vase.

My eyes widened in fear as it wobbled in what felt like slow motion. Instead of reaching for it, I watched it sway before it stopped and went to its original place but closer to the edge.

I sighed in relief and made a move to grab it before it fell.

"Whoo! That was close, huh?" Viv said and pushed my shoulder. The force of her push made me lean forward and knock my knee into the table, resulting in the vase falling and breaking into pieces on the hard wood floor.

I clenched my jaw and closed my eyes as I waited for the scream.

"I know that wasn't my vase Y/n!" My mom shouted from upstairs. I slowly turned to Viv and exhaled as I opened my eyes.

"You, are dead." She squeaked and ran to my room before I could react.

"How many times have I told you not to play in this house?" I felt a hard whip to my ass making me jump.

I spun around with wide eyes and saw my mom raising the leather belt above her shoulder.

"No mom, Viv did it!" She stared at me with hard eyes as she pointed at me with the belt.

"Try me, Y/n. I dare you." She huffed and looked at the mess on the floor. "Clean this up. Where is that girl anyways?" I immediately pointed to my room.

She nodded and did her mad walk to my room.

Yes I did just sell my sister out. Those fucking belts hurt.

"Ouch! Y/n did it too!" I heard Viv shout from my room. I quickly grabbed the broom and dustpan and started to clean the mess so she wouldn't turn her anger back to me.

She walked back into the living room and grumbled at me before returning to her room.

"Stupid bitch, you told?" Viv entered the room as she rubbed her buttcheek. I shrugged innocently and handed her the dustpan. She snatched it and bent down as I swept the broken vase pieces into it. "Ellie said that the Paul's bar is having that show night tonight and we should go." I immediately shook my head and leaned against the broom. "Y/n."

"Vivian." I dead panned as she stood up and walked with me to the kitchen.

"Come on. If we wanna make it big you have to get over your stage freight." I huffed and placed the broom into the storage cabinet.

"I'm just not ready. Last time I tried..." I trailed off and shook my head. Viv laughed as she recalled the memory.

"You blew chucks ev-"

"Stop. Don't say it." I hissed as I walked to the fridge. I bent down as I opened it and pulled out a Arizona Arnold Palmer. "I swear I will work on it, ok?" When she didn't reply, I looked up and saw her typing at her phone furiously. "Who are you texting?" She quickly closed her phone and shook her head.