chapter fifteen

Flashback—The Night Of

"Mom ! I'm going out, I'll be back soon I love you." I run out the door with a smile on my face. I'm finally going to my first party of the year with my best friend ! The life of a 17 year old isn't so bad.

I run to Lexi's car before swinging my bag on my shoulders, "hey Leah are you ready for tonight?" My best friend says with a smile.

I move my bangs out of my eyes and take a deep breath. I look over at Lexi with a smile,

"Hell yeah"

****

I can feel the butterflies at the pit of my stomach, I've never been the nervous type but right now and the rest of the night I know I'm gonna be. This is my first party I've been too since I've been a junior and I can feel it in my bones that it's gonna be the best party ever.

I reach to turn the music on when I hear my favorite song and as the music is running through every inch of my body I feel so alive. It feels good, it's feels strong and powerful. I've never felt this before and it's AMAZING.

"PAY BACK IS A BAD BITCH AND BABY IM THE BADEST YOU FUCKIN WITH A SAVAGE CANT HAVE THIS CANT HAVE OHHHH" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I pointed at Lexi to finish the rest and a huge smile appeared on her face. "I thought you'd never ask."

"BABY IM SORRY, IM NOT SORRY !! FEELIN SO BAD HAS GOT ME FEELIN SO GOOD SHOWING YOU UP LIKE I KNEW THAT I WOULD!"

"TALK THAT TALK BABY BETTER WALK THAT WALK BABY IF YOU TALK THAT TALK BABY OHHH YEAH!"  when the song ended we laughed until the stoplight turned green. Sometimes I wish I could just sing and laugh with Lexi till I'm out of breath that I pass out. We've had good memories and I don't plan on losing them.

"Okay, Leah. Turn that down I think Millie's house is right down the road." When I turned down the radio it sounded like it was still on because of how loud the music was from two blocks away.

"I'd never imagine us as juniors going to an all senior party, this is so amazing !" I chuckle while unbuckling my seat belt. "Ya tell me about it, I have this feeling in my bones that we are gonna have a blast." Lexi says with a shining grin. I could tell she was excited by the way her face glowed in the sunlight. I took a deep breath before stepping out of the car.

Lexi came to my side and draped her arm around my shoulder. "should we split up ?" See says kinda loudly, I guess she had to. Even though we weren't inside it was still loud outside from the laughter and yells of people from the keg stand.

"We shouldn't drink a lot tonight so, let's stay for 3 hrs, only have 2 drinks and then we'll meet 15 minuets before." She nodded in response and smiled at me with shiny teeth. "Sounds like a plan babes" I giggled at her comment as I took a deep breath and walked up the sidewalk with confidence.

"Welcome ladies ! To your first party as juniors ! Drinks are in the back along with the pool, help yourself out with snacks too. Also have fun. But not to much fun." The host said with a smile. "Thanks ! We will."

We stepped inside and the smell of sweat and old beer filled my nose, I scrunched my face in disgust as I soon realized that Lexi was no longer by my side. I started panicking before I almost choked on my own laughter when I saw her standing on top of a table dancing with some girls from our school. She's always been the outgoing type, and that's why I loved her. She was and always will be my best friend.

I started towards the back of the house where the guy said the drinks were when a smelly and sweaty guy placed his huge hands on my waist, the smell of smoke engulfed my lungs when he pulled me closer to his bare chest. This guy needed to back off and fast, I had a black belt in Thai Kwan Do and I was not afraid to kick him to where he belongs. I tried to pry his hands off but with every attempt he kept squeezing tighter and tighter.