Prologue

Eight Years Ago...

"Mom.." I say with a small smile on my face.

My sister had passed her first music lesson and we're all so proud of her.

"What is it Layla? can't you see I'm busy?!" She snaps.

"Oh.." I say, my smile faltering slightly as I watch mom cuddle Heidi and give her lots of sweets as reward.

"C-can I have a sweetie too?" I ask.

Mom laughs coldly.

"Why should you? You've never achieved anything have you?! Lazy little brat."

Heidi giggles and I look at her to see a smirk on her face, making my face fall. I watch mom whisper things to Heidi, making her giggle even more.

The door swings open, and my dad walks in.

I smile again, running to him and hug his knees, but he just brushes me off with an annoyed expression, walking towards my mom hugging her and ruffling Heidi's hair.

What's going on?

"Dad..ruffle my hair too?" I ask hesitantly.

All three of them burst out laughing and I sink down in embarrassment.

"Layla, we always knew you weren't the brightest kid here." He laughs "I just knew you'd be a screw up, right Luise?" He says and she nods.

"And I was right. You're a failure" He grabs my maths sheet, crumples it up and throws it at me.
"You spend way too much time with your 'friends' never on your education, you ungrateful little brat. We should've got rid of you as soon as we found out you were on the way." My dad spits out spitefully as my mum nods, still smirking.

"Dad, I'll do better, I promise!"
I sob, tears streaming down my face, but he shakes his head, smirking. I look at my sister and walk towards her giving her a watery smile.

"H-Heidi... we're still friends right?" I ask desperately.

Her smirk slowly vanishes. She leans forward and I thought she'd hug me, but instead she pulls my hair and pushes me onto the floor, making me scream.

She laughs, my parents joining her.

"Stupid" she hisses, kicking me, before going to my parents, all of them walking out, leaving me on the floor, crying my eyes out.

What have I done to deserve this?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cover credit goes to _LinWrites_

Update/Warning.
Many of you guys are complaining that Layla cries too much, needs to grow up etc, bare in mind she's had a tough childhood and is suffering from CEN (Childhood Emotional Neglect)

Now I know that a lot of people suffer from this all around but each person reacts differently, Like Peg Streep had said in her CEN book.. so the main trait Layla suffers from is...

Extreme sensitivity

"Fear of rejection often dominates the daughter’s inner world because she’s afraid of more proof and evidence that her mother is right and that she really is worthless and unlovable. Her sensitivity is only increased by the likelihood that her mother and others accuse her of being “too sensitive”—the most common “explanation” of verbal abuse offered up by abusers."– Peg Streep. (Just thought I should share this with you guys to have a better understanding when you read on.😂)

This book holds abuse (as said in the tags) which may trigger some.

Also Layla is immature if you don't like that kind of behaviour then this book isn't for you. 😂