4

Rose POV
"Mr. Kim I can't seem to find it.." Mr. Kim had finally set up a temporary space for me to work on. But it was in his office. It felt wired, wasn't this wrong. The office I was supposed to have had a problem with the electricity, Mr. Kim said it was too dangerous and I could use this space for the time being. At least it's not forever.

"Let me see." He walked over to my little corner standing behind me and stared at the computer screen.

"Ah I see the problem." He leaned in his hands going on either side of my body reaching for the keyboard. My checks started burning, I could feel his breath on my neck. I tried to sink down into my seat to make room for him and create some kind of distance between us but it wasn't working. "There. You saw where it was, right?"

"Y-yea." He smiled and walked back to his seat. I was getting used to the job and I really liked it. "Rose-ssi can you get me a cup of coffee."

"Yea sir." I got up and headed to the staff lounge. I saw people walk in and out few of them glaring at me. What's that about? I stood at the coffee machine waiting for the cup to fill.

"Excuse me..do you have a minute" A lady tapped my shoulder. "Umm, yes" She smiled but quickly dropped it.

"Don't get too close to the CEO. He's mine got it. Just because you're his assistant doesn't mean that he's gonna like you."

"But I don't have a love interest in him.."

"I don't care. Don't even think about it." She left huffing. I looked back at the coffee and saw it overflow. "Damn it." I quickly spilled the excess and got a new cup pouring the amount I needed into it.

••

"That took a while. Everything ok?" I set down his cup on an empty place on his desk. "Yea I just ran into a situation." I'll tell him if it gets worse. It's just one person. I can handle it. "There's gonna be a trainer coming here. She gonna give you a few tips on your position and go over some of the important meetings that you should know about."

I nod and head back to my chair.

••

"I'm Ka Sunjin. Nice to meet you. I don't want to waste any time so let's get started. I'm gonna show you around the building first." I nod and grab my notebook. As she heads out the door I follow bowing to Mr. Kim before closing the door.

"First I'll show you through the different departments, then go over the calender, and there are a few folders that I'd like you to go over." She started walking fast toward the elevator, I quickly ran to catch up to her.

••

"Let me get the folders, it's near the research department." She walked to a storage closet. It was right outside where some people worked. They started staring at me and whispering. I felt small.

"Ignore them. They're always like that whenever a new assistant comes to work." She handed me a bunch of folders. "What do you mean?"

"They're all jealous. I was in the assistant position too but I got promoted. They think you're going to steal the CEO from them. It's ridiculous, whomever the CEO likes, he will like and it shouldn't be any of our concern." She sounded frustrated. I smiled knowing at least one person can help me if it does get out of hand.

"If they do bother you, tell me. I'll take care of it."

••

I held on to the binders as we walked into the elevator. "There also a small piece of advice that I must give to you. When working for the CEO it's important to make him your priority. Even if it means he needs you to look over files at 3 am then you need to be up and with him with in 30 minutes."

I nod my head as she spoke. We arrived in front of his office door. "He's part of your responsibility. It's your job to care for what he is doing now. Even his health."

"I will do my best!" She smiled and sent me off into the room.

••

"I have a meeting with the CEO of Merkue company. You're coming with me." He started collecting papers and putting them into a pile

"O-oh ok. Do I need to get anything?"

"Bring this binder."

He placed a black binder on top of his desk and pointed to it as he sat back in his seat. I quickly picked it up and scanned through it. "Anything else?" He looked up at me and smiled

"Just yourself." My heart fluttered. Why is this man doing this?

~~

"Nervous?" He asked as we were on the elevator "A bit.."

"Don't be. All you have to do is take notes on important information that is said and assist me in making any decisions." He smiled.

"I'll do my best sir!" The bell of the elevator finally beeped and we stepped out heading to the conference room.

••

"How are you Mr. Kim?"

"I'm fine and you?" The CEO of the Merkue company stood in front of us shaking hands with Mr. Kim. He wasn't what I had expected, he was a lot older then Mr. Kim. I'm not saying it's bad or anything he just looks like someone who'd go to a park and stare at kids as a hobby....so a pedophile.

"And who might this be? I don't recall her coming with you before."

"Ah yes this is my new assistant Park Rose." The old man smiled and looked at me up and down. "Well it's very nice to meet you Rose-ssi." He held out his hand and I reached for it greeting him back. He held on for a long time until Mr.Kim spoke.

"So, CEO Tang shall we proceed with the meeting?"

"Yes yes of course." Thank God. The old man released my hand but not before slowly brushing his own against the palm of mine. I shivered but kept myself collected. I can't embarrass Mr. Kim on my first day.

We walked in in front of Mr. Tang and I swear I felt him stare at my back especially my butt. I pull down my skirt to make sure I wasn't exposing myself. This is gonna be a long meeting.