Twelve: Fake

[Name] remained silent for a while. It happened three years ago, so she was sure that nobody remembered that one time when she sacked up and called out for a boy she had never talked to before. Yes, it was strange, but only because it wasn't her nature to act so squarely. But Iwaizumi couldn't possibly know it.

She clenched her teeth.

"As I said, it was a coinsiden-"

She felt a light push on her shoulder, but it was enough to make her jump in surprise. The same went to Iwaizumi who was walking beside her, focused on what she was saying.

"Found you!", a cheerful hum clashed from behind their backs. Before they could turn around, a chocolate haired boy appeared between them.

He immediately got punched on his head by Iwaizumi.

"Shittykawa!", he groaned.

"Is that a greeting?!", Oikawa pouted.

"You deserve it", his friend sent him a glare.

[Name] sighed in relief. She didn't have to explain the situation from her middle high school.

"Right! Shouldn't you have a morning practice?", she stopped their quarreling.

"The coach cancelled today's morning practice", Oikawa replied. "But we still have the evening practice. Are you planning to come?", he asked with a smile.

The girl nodded.

"I guess I have no choice", she answered and smiled shyly.

Iwaizumi glanced at her and then at Oikawa.

I should've punched you before you managed to get her trust, he thought with remorse and turned his head away form the chatting duo beside him.

"You like watching us play, admit it", Oikawa said while walking inside the school building.

"Well, it's not bad", the girl replied as indifferently as she could.

Iwaizumi separated from them in the hallway, while Oikawa was still with [Name], accompaning her to the classroom.

"Who do you think is the best player?", he asked out of a sudden.

It wasn't hard to guess what he wanted to hear from [Name]. The girl also knew it, and that's why she decided to tease the boy a little for being so greedy about compliments.

"I guess it would be a setter...", she started, and Oikawa smirked.

"Oh, I see", he faked a surprise.

"Yahaba-san is really amazing", [Name] finished, holding back form laughter as she saw Oikawa's dumbfounded expression.

"You sly...", Oikawa coughed up after a moment. "Don't play with my feelings", he added in dramatic voice.

"Sorry", the girl laughed.

But her smile washed away immediately when she realised what was happening around them as they were passing by other students.

The girls were sending [Name] envious looks as they were greeting Oikawa with artificially cute voices.

Was it possible that the rumour about the two of them being a couple had already spread through school?

Girls were truly amazing.

"Don't pay attention to them", Oikawa said, seeing [Name]'s uneasy expression and nervous moves.

The girl gulped.

"O-Okay", she replied, but it didn't change the fact that the eyes locked on her were making her anxious. She hardly resisted the urge to grip Oikawa's blazer. Her hand already managed to slid on its own, but she moved it back at the last moment.

However, it wasn't quick enough to avoid Oikawa noticing it. He smiled to himself, taking it as a chance to make a move. Swiftly, he gripped the girl's hand and entwined his fingers with hers. [Name] gasped in surprise.

"What are you doing?", she whispered to the boy's back.

"You were the one who started this", he replied and tightened his grip, looking ahead.

[Name] looked around to see the girls' red faces. They were frustrated to the point that a steam could come out their ears.

But for some reason, she didn't mind.