Lollipops - Chapter 25

Sirius dashed through the halls in an attempt to catch up with Naomi. After their argument, he wasn't certain if she'd appreciate his presence, but regardless, he followed her into the Ravenclaw Tower, hoping to make things right.

When he got there, he struggled to answer the riddle that the eagle-shaped knocked asked him, but eventually he responded correctly. When he entered the Ravenclaw common room, he discovered that only a few were present—a fifth year invested with his homework in front of him, a group of four first years chatting amongst each other, and a love-struck couple cuddling on the love seat. Not a single one of them brought their heads up at the sound of someone entering the Common Room, which he was grateful for.

With no attention placed on him, Sirius converted into his Animagus form and crept up the girls' staircase—as males weren't allowed up the girls' staircase, and it could not detect the gender of an animal. Making sure the Ravenclaws down in the Common Room weren't looking, he transformed back into his body once reaching the intended room, and quietly opened the door to what he easily identified as the sixth year girls' dormitory.

Cautiously, Sirius looked around after he shut the door. It appeared as though the room was empty. He almost retreated away in defeat, but, after looking around a little more carefully, he realized that the light of the washroom was on; Naomi had to be in there.

Sauntering up his courage, Sirius walked over to the locked door of the washroom and gently knocked.

"Naomi, you in there?" He asked.

She didn't respond at first, and Sirius believed that, in that time, she was trying to figure out what to say. Of course, by the deep voice, Naomi knew it was him.

He heard her respond from the inside of the washroom. "Sirius?" She softly questioned, "What are you doing here?"

He paused before responding with a reluctant sigh. "Look, Naomi, I admit, it was rather harsh of me to speak of your friends like that, but I have to explain," She was silent at his words, and he frowned, "Come on, Naomi. Why don't you just come out, and we can talk. Please?"

From inside the washroom, Naomi listened intently to Sirius' words. She was not going to lie, but her heart swelled once she discovered that he'd come back for her. It was something she hadn't expected of him.

And yet, even though she was ecstatic over his presence, her words let him perceive it as the opposite; "Sirius, I'm thankful that you came here, but I'd appreciate it if you'd just go. I'd rather just be here by myself."

She felt slightly guilty for announcing her request, and it appeared as though Sirius was offended. Though, he seemed to be offended for a different reason than expected. Naomi discovered this through his words; "Sorry, Naomi, but you're a bloody idiot if you think I'm just going to leave you," Naomi's eyes widened at his words, and meanwhile he muttered, "Really, I'm offended that you thought I would,"

Curiously, Naomi heard retreating footsteps, and she thought that, since she'd offended Sirius, he was leaving. Though, when hearing the creaking of a bed, she became confused.

As though reading her mind, Sirius answered her unspoken question by casually asking her, "I assume the bed with the trunk in front of it labelled 'Naomi Reneé Serdeys' is your's?"

She heard shifting, and wearily asked Sirius from the washroom, "What are you doing, over there?"

"I'm making myself at home. Until you come out, I'm waiting here," said Sirius firmly.

Naomi's eyes slightly widened once more. She invisioned Sirius sprawled out across her bed. She slightly reprimanded him, "Why? I mean, there's no point in you doing so. I'm not going to come out."

Sirius didn't reply. Though, she heard him get up, and she wondered what he was doing out there. The answer became clear to her when he spoke, "Woah, Naomi. Is this your family? You look really young—and adorable!"

Naomi wasn't amused, though. For, she quickly realized that Sirius had probably come across a photo of her and her parents, meaning that he was looking through her trunk. This displeased her because she had some personal belongings in her trunk that she wasn't quite sure she'd want Sirius to catch whiff of.

"Naomi, d'you mind if I snack on one of your lollipops?" She heard Sirius ask from the room. It took Naomi all of her willpower to not gasp in horror.

Her lollipops were coated in Blighting's Bite, the blue potion that she used to temporarily ease the side effects of her cancer. If Sirius licked her lollipop, then he'd be rendered to an unconscious state.

You see, since Naomi needed to intake the potion named Blighting's Bite so frequently, she purchased lollipops and dipped them into the potion, in order to take the potion in front of her classmates in an inconspicuous way.

The side effects to Blighting's Bite to any user without cancer would be unconsciousness. She definitely couldn't have that happening with Sirius. That would raise too much suspicion.

"Erm, Sirius," Naomi began frantically, all while trying to remain casual, "I actually would mind if you took one of my lollipops—so please don't."

"Why not?" She could practically hear Sirius frown. "You've given me one of your lollipops before. What's any different now?"

Naomi's eyes twitched. Sirius was relentless. Though, she wasn't going to lie, she had given Sirius lollipops before. However, the lollipops that she generously handed out to other students in Hogwarts were not coated in Blighting's Bite, so it had no unexpected side effects to them. Though, these lollipops in her trunk were coated with the liquid, and because of that, Sirius wasn't supposed to get anywhere near them.

"I'm actually rather hungry," she heard Sirius mutter.

"Oh, Sirius," Naomi exasperatedly puffed.

She burst out of the washroom, knowing that she could no longer trust Sirius there alone, so long as he was shuffling through her trunk unattended.

When Naomi stepped into her dormitory, she was baffled to find Sirius already sucking on her lollipop. He sat at the edge of her bed innocently, her trunk open.

Groaning, she exhaled heavily, "Sirius, I told you not to!"

Sirius ignored her, though, and energetically bounced up from the bed. "You've come out."

He was ignored as well.

"Sirius, why did you eat a lollipop?" She demanded, intensely irritated.

Once again, Sirius frowned. "Erm, because they look tasty? Why else?"

And then, as if an answer to his latter question, Sirius fell unconscious, luckily falling back and onto Naomi's bed without any physical harm inflicted on him. Though, the internal harm was already done, because now, Naomi was going to have to explain to Sirius why he was unconscious when he woke.

She was going to have to tell Sirius the truth—tell him that she had cancer.

And so, coming to terms with this, Naomi turned pale and horrifyingly uttered out, "Merlin, help me."

————–

This is the earliest I've ever updated, so you're welcome.

I hope you liked this chapter. I intended for this chapter to be a little bit longer, because after reading over my story, I realized that the most previous chapters were shorter than I'd like for them to be.

QOTD: How many letters are in your first, middle, and last names combined?
AOTD: 26.

Vote and comment!

Love,
Manny