Chapter 29: The Truth - Part 1

It's been two weeks since that faithful day where we finally arrived at my new house. Everything is so surreal. And during those two weeks, Aiden didn't bring up what we talked about, thankfully, because it'd be hell if he did. Not even once did it slip off his lips and I wasn't stupid to actually bring it up myself. Of course, I still have a lot of questions on my mind, but I don't really know if it's a good idea to ask my brother all of those. My heart feels like it's about to run away from my chest whenever I even think about asking Aiden the unspoken questions inside my brain.

I don't even know how to react to the things he told me. I mean, sure, what he said felt nice, but I'm still dubious if Chase is really telling him the truth. I don't want to put my heart on the line again, just to have it broken once more. It's not a great feeling, I tell you.

And so, ever since that day, I don't know what to say to Chase anymore. I end up being awkward and all and I really don't want that. But despite my plans of not making it awkward, I absolutely have no clue how to get rid of the awkward feeling I feel whenever he's around.

Thankfully, when we went back to my new house yesterday, the awkwardness somehow evaporated, making everything turn back to normal—well, in a way. I don't even know how it happened. All I know is that I'm already teasing and arguing with him like before. And of course, alcohol doesn't really escape our group whenever we're together, and so, all of us coming home, drunk—again.

"Are you okay now?" Hannah asked as she took a bite of her sandwich.

"Yeah. At least now, my head doesn't hurt like a bitch." I replied, sitting beside Chase. He cocked his head to the right to get a look at me and gave me a sly smirk. I rolled my eyes before returning my gaze to Hannah, who is looking at me with a small smirk on her face. Why is she looking at me like that?

"But, I have a question though." I added. She chewed her sandwich slowly, the smirk previously occupying her face, dropping in an instant, before her expression morphed into one of curiosity.

It's still the three of us here in the table, seeing as the others are now quite busy with something I absolutely don't know about. Even I don't know the whereabouts of my idiotic brother, who, is usually always the first one to arrive in our lunch table. My God, where are the people?

"What?" She asked.

"Are you and Shane dating or something?" I asked her.

Seriously, I was expecting her to throw a fit or deny it while blushing heavily. Instead, she just looked at me with raised eyebrows. Okay, not a reaction that I am definitely expecting.

"I thought I already told you that Shane asked me out?" She questioned, earning an eye widening from Chase.

"Shane asked you out?" He asked, his mouth slightly ajar.

She nodded her head. "That haven't been done before!" Chase exclaimed and I looked at Hannah smugly.

"See, I told you." I said as she rolled her eyes at me.

I don't know why, but she seems to always doubt me. Not that she didn't believe in me, it's just that she always finds a way to hurt my pride. Some friend she is.

"Whatever." She replied.

I laughed. "So how are the two of you?"

She shrugged. "We're fine."

I eyed her skeptically, but she just seemed to avoid my eye. Really, it's just a dead giveaway that something's definitely wrong. But I'm sure she'll tell me if she's ready.

"By fine, you mean what, exactly?" I asked, earning an eye roll from her. Chase chuckled in his place, quietly eating his pasta with a smile on his face.