Chapter 17

Zelda's POV

I can't believe how embarrassed I am, I can't stop crying, I have Link's old carer/father figure consoling me, the mayors daughter hates me, Link probably hates me. I don't know what to do?

"Don't you worry hun, I'll talk to Link when he gets here. You're gonna be alright."

"Thanks Rusl, you're all so kind."

I see Link running towards us, then he starts to slow down, catching his breath. Silently he walks towards us, as he gets closer he just smiles and hugs me really tightly.

His embrace makes me feel better instantly, I never want to let him go, he burrows his face into my neck and whispers "I'm so sorry, Zelda. I should've known to trust you straight away. Forgive me?" I could feel my eyes water, I just nodded and pulled him closer.

"I'll leave you two alone for a bit, just shout me if you need anything, dear." Before I even could look up he had left. We both shouted bye to Rusl and headed into Link's house.

We went in and sat on his couch, he gave me a sky blue blanket to keep me warm and apologised some more.

"Link, it's honestly okay. You just acted on what you seen. I understand." I said, with what I hoped was a comforting smile. He just looked into my eyes for a second, then his face turned scarlet.

"Aw, you a little embarrassed?"

"Shut up, Zelda! You're not funny!"

"I'm hilarious, I know!"

I crossed my arms, and turned my face away, pretending to be angry at him. I turn back around and he was looking at me.

"What?" I asked puzzled.

"Nothing. You're just so beautiful..."

Now it's my turn to start blushing. He moves my hair that's fallen over my face then puts his hand on my cheek. He leaned in straight away and kissed me. I couldn't believe it! I was so happy! I just had my first kiss!

"You don't know how long I have been wanting to do that!" He says after a little silence.

"Uh... T-thanks. I'm a little nervous now."

"How come?"

"That was my, uh, my first kiss..." I said trying to hide my embarrassment. He just chucked and kissed me again.

"Now you're an expert!" He said with that cocky grin. I shoved him playfully and told him to shut up. To which, he just smiled at again.

"So what brings you down here anyway?" He asked.

"Came to see you, I had some time so..."

"I see, well, you don't need to worry about Ilia anymore. I'm just gonna tell her not to speak to you or me. I'm fed up with this."

"Thank you."

"No problem, Princess! Say, you wanna stay tonight? I mean, it is Friday tomorrow, so you're coming here anyway?"

"I'd love to. I'll let my father know."

Link's POV

After a day and night of chatting away and joking with Zelda, we go to get ready for bed. She has some clothes here, since she stays quite a bit. It's strange how effortlessly beautiful she is! She sleeps in my bed and I sleep in my spare bed in my basement.

"Link?"

"Yeah, what is it Zel?

"You ready yet?"

"Ehm, kind of? Why?"

"I'm scared out here alone..."

"Right, come in!"

We lay in my bed for a few hours, together, talking, hugging, kissing, it was absolute heaven. I've never been happier.

"I'm tired. Can we go to sleep like this?"

"Of course! What ever you want my princess!"

She must've been tired. She was asleep almost straight away. Her head on shoulder and her arms around me. She snored a little, but it was cute. I was asleep not long after her.

Before I feel I slept I felt myself whisper "...I love you, Zelda"