Chapter 16- "Final Countdown"- Part 1

"Yeah, I'm not sure what happened, but it's almost sunset so I have to get ready for the war." Said Demitrey.
"Yeah, about that, it's alpha Darrell's pack. Supposedly, he is to use me as a bargaining tool to win over your pack, like he's planning on making you choose between me and the pack." Explained Adelina.
"I'm guessing Clarissa is behind all of this?" Asked Demitrey.
"You bet." Confirmed Demitrey.
"Well, we need a plan, but I have to go. Mind link you later?" Said Demitrey.
"Yeah, of course." Said Adelina.
"Oh and babe?" Came Demitrey's voice  in her head.
"Yeah?" Replied Adelina.
"I want you too."

*Third Person's pnt. Of view*

"Hey, alpha says it's time to get back on the road. Wanna switch positions? I take the back and you shotgun?" Said the wolf from earlier.
"Uh, no, no, I'm alright, it's cool." Said Adelina, still trying to keep up with her Charade.
"Alright." Then the wolf walked away.

He took a few steps towards the car and then turned in a very suspicious manner as he said "say, you seem shorter than before."
Adelina felt her heart speed up, but then she noticed something, there we lines on top of the bridge of his nose, as well as the support marks on each corner of his nose and she shrugged and said "man, you're blind in human form, you don't have your glasses on... idiot." Then Adelina attempted to chuckle in a deep voice, and it came out sounding like Santa Clause choking on his Ho Ho Ho.

The guy furrowed his eyebrows and then said "Hey, I told you not to call me idiot."
"Well, I'll stop once you stop acting like one." Said Adelina, still keeping her front.
"Okay wise guy..." Said the wolf as he starting taking threatening steps towards her.
"Hey! Theo! Raoul! Get in the damn car!" Yelled The wolf who drove the SUV she was in.
"Theo started it!" Said who she figured to be Raoul.
"Theo started it..." mimicked Adelina, then she had to hide her chuckle when Raoul turned to send daggers her way with his eyes.

She made a face behind him once he turned around, then she hopped in the trunk, and pulled the door shut.

Poor Theo was already dead, lying in her clothes.

She breathed a sigh of relief knowing she got out of that safe enough, but she wasn't out of the woods just yet.

She knew there was a battle to come, and she knew after everything she still had to move on.

She made up her mind.

She was going to be Demitrey's Luna. She was going to honor, and rule beside him proudly. She would be his partner and support him in everything he does. But she wouldn't fail to put him in his place the minute he stepped out of line. She would give him the love that he desperately needed and deserve, and she would try her best to be there for him whenever he needed her.

While she sat, and waited, she noticed Clarissa and Darrell get in the SUV in front of them, and just like that, they were back on the road.

Adelina sat back, and waited patiently.

Soon, she would be home.

But before she went home, she'd have to get rid of what's keeping her from getting home, or in this case, whom.

There is not other solution, she'd have to kill Clarissa.

But would she be able to bear it?

The haunting accusing dead eyes of her sisters are constantly flashing in her memories. She didn't want to take another life, whether innocent or not.