Chapter 15

A/N: Sorry for the long wait, I've been really busy. I'll try to post the next chapter sometime this week.

Evan's POV

After crying my eyes out in the bathroom, I hear a squeak, indicating that someone was coming in. I quickly hid in one of the stalls in fear of who it could be.

"Evan?" The voice of Dave echoed through the empty bathroom. What was he doing here? Does he want to beat me up? "Evan? Are you here?" I kept as still as possible in hopes that he wouldn't hear me. "I know you're in here. I can hear you breathing," Dave pointed out. When I didn't say anything, he continued. "Look, I just want to talk. Please."

What should I do? Can I really trust him after what Max did to me? I'd rather be on the safe side, so no thank you. "I don't want to talk."

"Don't make me come in there, Evan."

"What are you going to do?" I inquired.

"Just come out and you won't have to find out." What is this guy planning? "Evan....". Hearing the desperation in his voice, I decided to come out. I was being cautious of his every move and when I was fully out, I kept my back against the stall so I was a good distance away from him,

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Look, I just wanted to make sure you were alright. Max was being huge dick. He shouldn't have done that."

"It doesn't matter. Everyone is going to make fun of me now."

"I'm so sorry."

"Why are you apologizing? It's not like you were the one who..." I paused, not wanting to continue.

"I know I know. I'll talk to him, okay?"

"No, don't! Don't mention me when you talk to him. I honestly don't know what his problem is, but I do not want a repeat of today or anything remotely similar." This made Dave frown.

"Don't worry. It's going to be okay."

"No," I shook my head. "He's going to kill me." No one said anything for a while, until...

"You know I don't like him, right?" I asked.

"Excuse me?"

"I don't like Alex like that. I'm not gay....It's not true."

"Evan.." Dave started, as if unsure as to what he wanted to say. I looked at him expectantly.

"I...Do you really not like Alex? Like that, I mean."

"Do I give off that impression?" I asked worriedly.

"No, but I did think you were gay."

"Why would you think that? Did I do something that would potentially give it away? If I were gay, that it," I added the last part in quickly.

"It's not that. Forget it."

"Now you have me curious..."

"Don't worry about it. Are you really okay though?"

"I already said I'm fine," I whispered, looking down. "I think I'm gonna go." As I started to leave, he grabbed my arm.

"Wait! Where are you going?" He asked anxiously.

"To class?"

"Stay here for a few more minutes." Dave looked nervous all of a sudden.

"Why?" I felt like something was going on.

"No reason. I just wanted to talk a bit more." I looked at him suspiciously.

"Why does it have to be in the bathroom?"

"It's just that we're in the bathroom already. Why move, right?"

"That makes no sense..." I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion and slight worry. "What's going on?"

"Nothing, really." I tried to move past him but he held me back. "Just a few more minutes, please."

"O-Okay," I finally gave in, although I had a gut feeling I shouldn't have.