Rooming with Royals [16]

I know that you'll kill me by the end of the chapter.

Ch.16

Eros's P.O.V.

"What was yesterday about? And don't bother lying, Bryson told me everything."

I gritted my teeth to stop myself from snapping out an insult in response to the comment that had just been directed at me, and looked away from Remus's knowing gaze. Bryson's tongue needed to be cut off, and soon, because the dude could not keep his trap shut. But at least someone was enjoying this, since Remus had been bugging me about it from the minute we left the academy. I knew he was having a blast talking about this subject, and I had to take a deep breathe to calm down before I could speak. I knew it was no use acting as though I didn't know what he was talking about, but I wasn't going to let that stop me.

"What are you talking about?"

My voice remained neutral as I responded, and I mentally applauded myself. I watched Remus subtly to try to see his reaction, and from the corner of my eyes, caught him rolling his eyes.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about, Eri."

And there goes the nickname. Again! I leant against a nearby tree and sighed exasperatedly.

"I don't know what's happening, Rem. I hate what she is. Hell, I despise what she is, yet I can't help but feel protective of her. Yesterday was a mistake; I know I shouldn't have done that, especially with me being who I am, but it was a reflex."

I ran a hand through my thick hair in frustration. There were a million questions running through my mind at once, all battling for dominance to be the most important, only to be forgotten as soon as another one came along seconds later.

"Do what you think is right Eros, I can't help you any more than that."

Remus put his hands in his pockets and looked at the now cloudy sky, looking as though his thoughts were drifting off to somewhere else. I was about to pull him back into the conversation, when he suddenly spoke again.

"But if what I'm thinking is correct, then don't break her heart. Violet's been through hell and she doesn't need any more shit, from anyone." He added, looking at me straight.

A few minutes passed silently as I thought about what Remus had said. Who had put Violet through hell? And why did Remus think I would break her heart, or even be able to? It's not like that kind of emotion crap was anything to do with me. But what if I was able to? And what if I did? These questions all plagued my mind, until Remus noticed my worried face.

"You like her, don't you."

A sly smile was plastered on Remus's face, and the sing-song quality to his voice when he said those words told me he was enjoying every second of watching me squirm. Damn, he is never going to let me live this down.

"No, of course not! Why would I? That's just s-silly."

I denied, shaking my head furiously. Take a deep breathe, Eros! Don't lose your composure!

But, it was too late. Besides, I should know better than to even try lying to Remus. He and I had been friends since kindergarten, because both of our parents had been friends for a long time, and had liked pairing us together whenever possible. This meant we had spent a lot of time with each other and couldn't lie to one another successfully very often. But that didn't really matter anyway, since Remus knew all of my secrets and I knew all of his.

He chuckled, as he had already figured everything out, and turned around.

"Suit yourself. Now come on, you've got someone to train."