Chapter 6

Aditya,

It has been five months since Raksha stepped in London. The air around me has suddenly turned beautiful or should I say I feel like spring even in autumn. James and Anjali have often caught me smiling to myself. These two are aware of all my secrets and being caught had now given them a perfect reason to pull my leg. They have been persistent about me taking it forward but knowing Raksha, I am not sure. She had been insistent on the fact that nothing can happen between us and I really don't want to push.

''You are a cheater.'' Anika's loud scream broke my thoughts. I quickly got into my slippers running to the lawn. A smile stretched on my lips looking at James sprawled on the lush grass and Anika on his tummy. She was scolding him for being tall, having long legs as compared to her and hence he became cheater as she couldn't beat him in game. I smiled, Anika hates losing and this spirit at such small age inspires me. I wish to channelize her energy into the right direction. Absence of father in her life will affect her in future. She has started asking for her dad and sometimes Anjali loses her temper. I wish when Anika grows up, she understands what her mother went through to bring her up. My eyes again went to James. He was now tickling Anika, her giggles filled in my mansion. James threw her over his shoulder walking back into the house. ''So, are you attending the party tonight?''

James asked letting the squirming girl free. I shook my head, ''I don't want to. I am tired of Jade she seemed to have planned our future completely. She called me last night to inform that she bought an Indian outfit for our date and she is studying a lot about our culture. I really don't want to face her.''

''She is hot. Its ok if you have to tolerate a little dumbness to have a feel of her.'' James mocked When I glared he laughed. ''Okay, let me give a reason to attend. Your darling is too attending.''

''How do you know?'' I was attentive now. James gave me a teasing smile and I wanted to kill him for making me wait. He pushed his hands into his pocket and took a step to me, his blue eyes shining in amusement. ''Out with-it James.''

''Fine Romeo, Jade's brother Jordon is Raksha's best friend.'' I frowned when he insisted on the word best friend. He read my expressions and added, ''Yup, you got that right. Jordon likes her and who wouldn't she is beautiful and sweet. Its just you she loves to hate.''

A sudden pang of jealousy gripped my heart. ''I think I should finish my meeting, I don't want to be late for the party.'' James chuckled at my back. I scowled, and his chuckle turned to a loud laughter and then into yell. When I turned, I found Anika kicking his giant feet with her small ones for making a fool of her. It seems he said that having fruits will make her big like him and even after having a big apple she was still small. I smiled as James squatted holding his ears he was trying to win the forgiveness of the little girl. I couldn't help but wonder how different pain connects people.

***

Wilson Mansion is one of the best-looking buildings in London. Wilson family is one of richest people across Europe. Daniel Wilson is a steel baron. His wife Amelia owns one of the famous wedding apparel label. She was once known as the top designer and now she runs a brigade of such designers. We have known each other as families and business associates. He had been our guests when he visited India with his family and even he treats me like one of his family and I respect him too. Its during their tour to India that his daughter fell in love the varied colours and culture if the place. She was charmed by truth that we were Royals and still treated that way by the people around. Jade was so fascinated that she kept me bugging to know more about our history , I did obliged and one day she suddenly fell in love with me. That's what she believes. In reality, she is nothing more than a girl fascinated by fairy tales of falling for a prince and she believes me to her prince.