Chapter 7 - Friend or Foe?

*This chapter is dedicated to my beloved dog Heath, who unfortunately died on June 2nd 2014*

(Annabelle's POV)

I slowly let my eyes open and adjust to the light in my room. The sun practically blinded me as I sat up. I wanted to sleep longer but I'm working working today. Shit, speaking of work, I was running late. I quickly sat up and looked at my clock. It was seven o'clock! One hour till I have to be there.

"Shit!" I said aloud this time and scrambled out of bed. "The one Saturday, I actually wanna sleep in on, and I have to go to work." I mumbled. I got dressed fairly quickly and ran downstairs. My mom was sitting at the kitchen table, reading the newspaper and drinking her coffee.

"Where are you rushing to?" She asked as I was grabbing the waffles in the freezer.

"I have work today and I'm running late." I said as I placed, no placed would be lying, I threw the waffles into the toaster and slammed the button down.

"You're always late for something." She said, turning the page of her newspaper. "Take it down a notch or else you might wreck something." I laughed slightly at her remark but I was impatient because I was late. I glanced at the front of the newspaper and was shocked when I saw the headline. It read, 'Does Spidey Have a Girlfriend?' And the picture below was of Spider-Man and me. Luckily, no one could see my face, but I knew it was me, the outfit and hairstyle gave it away. It didn't matter for now, no one knew it was me. Ding! I walked over to the toaster and pulled out my waffles.

"Ow!" I shrieked and dropped a waffle.

"Careful they're hot." My mom stated and took another sup of her coffee.

"Really? I hadn't noticed." I said and placed the  waffles on a plate. I poured some maple syrup on them and began to eat them. My mom stood up from the table placing her dishes, from her breakfast, in the sink.

"I'm going to work. I'll be back late, so I'll see you in the morning." She said and hugged me. I hugged her back as best I could.

"Bye mom, I love you." I said.

"Love you too." She said and walked out the door. I glanced at the clock, there's no way I'm going to make it in time. I quickly shoveled the last of my waffles in my mouth and placed my dishes in the sink. Grabbing my bag I slipped on my shoes and ran out the door. If I run, maybe I'll make it on time. I keep running and suddenly fall. I sit up slowly and look to see what I'd tripped on. As usual it was nothing, simply the air. I crawled over to my bag and began to shove everything back in it. I looked around and saw no one. I sighed, at least no one saw me fall. I checked my arms and legs for any cuts and found one on my leg. Great, I'll have to take care of that now too.

"You look like you could use some help." I heard a familiar voice say from behind me. I turned around.

"Hey Spidey." I said.

"Hello Belle, would you like a lift to where ever you're going?" He asked. I walked over to him. Spider-Man to the rescue once again.

"If you wouldn't mind, could you take me to Oscorp?" I asked. He put his arm around my waist.

"Of course I wouldn't mind at all." He answered. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he jumped up, making his way to Oscorp. Not only will I make it on time but I'll also have time to put a band aid on my leg.

"Could you guess who was in the paper this morning?" I asked.

"I don't know." Spidey answered. "Tell me."

"You and Me." He turned his ahead and looked at me.

"Oh really now?" He asked, his interest had clearly peaked. I laughed.