Tried and Tested

Emma's POV

It's quite funny how a guy can promise to never hurt you and say he'll always be there for you and how much he loves you, but all that change when they run into an ex or an old high school sweetheart. They forget you even exist.

What he did to me was embarrassing. He was, literally, flirting with Stacy Westbrook right in front of me, and he didn't even introduce me. I expected him to be like: "Hi Stacy. It's good to see you again. This is my fiancee, Emma, and we're having twins." 

He was so excited to become a father and to spoil the kids, but he couldn't introduce them to one of his so-called old friends? I had every damn right to be upset with him. And instead of making it up to me, he left me alone in the room and took off to God knows where then came back smelling of cheap alcohol five hours later. 

I didn't want him around me. I couldn't stand looking at his face. I tossed him a pillow and a bed sheet and told him to occupy the couch. Two could definitely play at this game if that's the road he wanted to head down.

I woke early the next morning because I didn't get a proper night's rest. I made my way to the bathroom, washed my hair, took a shower, and put on my bathing suit. I wrapped myself with a skirt and put on a black lace cover-all and black sandals. I took my big beach hat, beach bag and a beach blanket and left the room. Today would be my day of relaxing on the beach and enjoying the atmosphere of the Bahamas. I wasn't about to let him, or that snake Stacy, ruin this for me.

I found a perfect spot between two coconut trees. The leaves gave perfect shade in the center so it wasn't too hot. I put down the blanket, the goodies I brought to eat, my bottles of coconut water, and my beach bag. I threw on my sunglasses and laid back, looking at the other tourists going for a swim.

"Hi there," someone said in front of me. 

I took off my sunglasses to have a better look. He was a tall guy, very handsome with abs of steel. I was captivated for a moment, I must admit.

"Hi," I replied, tucking some loose hair behind my ear.

"I couldn't help but to come over and introduce myself. I'm Jordan. Jordan James. J.J. for short."

"Hi J.J., I'm Emma." I shook hands with him.

"That's a lovely name for a lovely girl. So Emma, I don't mean to be forward, but you're so beautiful, why are you out here alone?"

"Oh... I—"

"Who said she was alone?" Ethan appeared dressed in his beach trunks with no shirt. His abs glistening in the morning sun made J.J.'s look like a dull washboard. 

Jordan walked away after taking one look at him without another word.

"You're up early," he began and sat down next to me. 

I adjusted myself away from him and remained quiet.

"You're giving me the silent treatment for something that's your fault?"

He was making my blood boil hotter and hotter, but I remained silently still.

"Emma. Would you stop it and look at me? I'm here with you right now and you shouldn't be upset. It's not good for the babies."

Oh no he didn't just mention the babies...

"Oh, so now you know that they exist? Why weren't they mentioned yesterday to your ex?" I snapped. 

He got quiet. 

"That's what I thought!"

"Emma, your judgement is clouded and your jealousy isn't working out for us right now."