Chapter twenty one: Liar liar

Playlist: Craig Lucas- smother

Charles's POV

"Charles! Can I talk to you for a second?"

I turned around facing her, giving her my attention. Something about her looked different, I just couldn't put my finger on it, after all, I hadn't seen her in almost a month now. Not that I'm avoiding her or anything, I just think that things would be better this way.

"Make it quick, I have a meeting to attend in about an hour," I said looking at my watch. I was meeting up with someone and I seriously don't wanna keep her waiting. If you were in my position you would understand.

"Where were you last week?"

Doesn't she get the message? It's none of her damn business or anyone's business for that matter. I don't need to give anyone an explanation on where I go. I didn't want to end up leaving this house angry, so I calmed myself and answered her.

"I already told you, I had a business trip how many times do I have to say that."

"Can you tell me how could it be possible for you to be in China at the same time in Aston."

So now not only is she sticking her nose in my business but she is spying on me. Of cause, I was in Aston but then again that's none of her business.

"Where did you get that stupid idea from."

"You are lying to me Charles and I need to know why? Marry said she saw you at fragment hotel."

"I don't know what's wrong with you women, the fact that we married doesn't mean you can put your nose in my business. Tell that your friend to mind her own business."

This just ruined my whole day. I hate it when people put their nose in my business.

I got into my car and started driving. I was so excited to finally meet her again. I know I just met her a week ago but I feel like I haven't seen her in years. Dian and I have been dating since high school. When I had to move away to finish my degree we had to break up. We still kept in touch but it was never the same. When I came back I heard she moved away and I never heard from her again. Well until two weeks ago on the night if my wedding, she called. I felt guilty about leaving Elizabeth alone but it's like what they say if you love someone you should never let them go.

The hotel was about an hour out of the city just the way I like it. At first, I thought that since far it's away it would keep us away from everything and everyone but I was wrong once again.

After about an hour and a half of driving, I finally reached my destination. And yes, it was Fragment hotel.

I parked my car in the parking lot. I made my way to the reception, I was a well-known guest at this hotel. I booked our table for diner at six p.m before making my way to the hotel room.

*****

"I was beginning to think you weren't coming," Dion said as I walked in leaning on the doorway.

"I managed to get her off my back," I answered.

"I still don't understand why we can't just stay in your paint house." She said moving towards me.

"We can't, my mom has her spies in that house. It not like I can fire them, it would be too superstitious."

She walked towards me before pushing me on the bed and started kissing my neck. And don't know but it just wasn't the same anymore. I wasn't attracted to her like I was anymore. The attraction just wasn't there anymore. It felt different.

Suddenly I just started to think about the thought of Elie's lips on mine. Nowadays she was all I thought about and I had to get her out of my mind. This was becoming worse. It seemed like the more I'm away from her the more I thought about her. She was becoming an addiction and I don't think that I could stay away from her for any longer.

"Elizabeth stop"

"Charles, what did you just say?"

I didn't realise I had said that aloud. What was she doing to me?

"You said her name twice and trust me when I say I'm starting to lose it. Are you in love with her?"

That was the one question I couldn't answer. I didn't know if it was love or if my mind was playing tricks on me.

Now I was moaning her name too, what next. She was all over mind and it seemed like no matter what I tried I couldn't stop thinking about her.

"Of cause not, you are only women I'm in love with and the only women in my life and don't you ever doubt that."

She looked at me with a smile on her face and started kissing my neck again.

"I'm gonna take a shower," I said pushing she slightly off my leap before getting up.

"Okay" was all she said before she looked at me a little disappointed.