Chapter 23

Hey there demons It's me, ya boy
Oh hey I got accepted into college :D
_______________________________________
"Zarkon! How did he find us?" Allura asked over the alarms.
"He must have heard from his commands at Olkarion." Keith stated.
"We need to wormhole, now! Everyone to your stations." Everyone scrambled to their spots, I fell into my seat. Then, Zarkon's fighter ships began shooting at the castle, making it rumble.
"That's a lot of fighters."
"Allura can you evade these fighters? We can't have them following us through the wormhole." Shiro asked. I stared at my screen nervously biting my nails.
"I can try." The boosters came on and we started flying with the barrier up, the fighters following us.
"Keith, Lance let's put down some covering fire." Their little disk shaped robots flew out and began shooting at the fighters.
"Lance incoming!" Pidge said.
"Got it!" I looked at the screen, pushed a few buttons to get a better look of the fighters. I open my mouth-
"Hey!" I look to see Keith went over and shot at the fighters.
"Sorry gotta be quick." I shook my head.
"How's this for quick?" Lance rammed into Keith's robot. They began repeatedly run into each other, I would laughed but I'm stressed at the moment.
"Knock it off you two!"
"Yeah Keith!"
"Keep calling out those fighters Pidge, Korra help her out. Hunk how are the defenses."
"I don't know, ten percent? Fifteen maybe. Everything's a blur I've been up too long, I have tired eyes."
"I know we just came from an intense battle-"
"Keith on your left!"
"- but we've got to stay focused just until we jump. Korra try and help him out." I changed screens and started pushing buttons.
"And when will that be?" Keith asked.
"They're still too close, we need to gain more speed!" Coran said.
"I got an idea hold on!" Allura said, I gripped my chair as the ship lurched forward.
"Allura what are you doing?" Pidge asked, that's when I realized she's heading towards a moon.
"I'm going to use this moons gravity to gain speed!" Well it's working. As she flew around I'm being pushed against my seat.
"We're clear to wormhole!" The black and blue ring appeared and we flew into the tunnel. Once inside, I fell forward and took a deep breath.
"We're in the wormhole, but why are we still on alert?" Lance asked over the alarms that are still going.
"Coran what's going on?"
"Oh no! Teludav lens malfunction! We're about to leave the wormhole a lot sooner that expected!" Coran yelled. The wormhole opened and we flew out. It looked empty, until I looked in front of us to see a bunch of what looks like giant ice crystals.
"Where are we? It looks like an iceberg graveyard." Lance said.
"Coran, what's the status?" Allura asked. The princess sounds drained.
"Checking that now. We didn't make it to our exit point but we're still several galaxies from Zarkon."
The princess then collapsed.
"Allura!"
"You look exhausted. You must rest. I'll go check on the main turbine and find out what's happening--" Coran cut himself off with a yell and slid into a wall.
"Whoa are you okay?" Coran groaned and stepped away from the wall, leaving a Coran shaped goo outline?
"I'm fine, must have found a slippery spot. Some one please wipe that up!" Coran said.
"You look really sweaty. Like Lance at that one training camp in the summer a few years back sweaty." I said with a hand on my hip. Lance cringed and sent me a glare.
"You might have a case of the slipperies." Allura said. Coran gasped, as if offended.
"What! No!" He waved his hand send sweat flying. "That's an old people virus, I'm young! Well young-ish."
"What are the slipperies?"
"It's a common Altean virus that occurs...later in life. It's not harmful, only lasting a couple of days. But it does cause ones body to secrete extremely slick fluid." Allura explained as Coran tried to move away from the sweat, only to make another puddle where he is standing. We all backed away.
"Ew!
"Gross!"
"Yes it is gross so it's a good thing I don't have it!" Coran said as Pidge ran off to puke. I gagged at that and turned away, hiding my face in Keith's arm.
"Coran it's nothing to be embarrassed about."
"I'm not embarrassed because I don't have it!" He said while slick dripped off of him. "I'm going to leave so I can fix the main turbine." He said while trying to walk, only to look down and realized he's walking in place.
"Quiznak!" He yelled as he slipped and began sliding down the hall.
"Alright." Shiro said making us all look at him. "Since Zarkon doesn't know where he are this is the perfect time to focus on our next step. Maybe we can find that secret group, the Blade of Marmora. Pidge where are those coordinates?" We all turned to Pidge who was in her chair not looking so hot.
"Wait hang on, I'm so tired my brains not working." She said while slowly typing.
"Yeah mine too." Lance said. I let out a big and loud yawn. Coran showed up on the big screen.
"Hello all I've checked the engines."
"That was fast."
"Well I slipped right down." Coran fell on his face then quickly stood up. "I mean hurried down. Anyway the good news the Galra fighter did minimal damage. The bad news is the teludav, or wormholer as you earthlings call it, is in bad shape. Several scaultrite lens of the magnifying beam generator are cracked. That beam is what is used to wormhole. I need to remove  the cracked lenses, and readjust their trajectory temporarily until we can replace them. I'll also need to divert power to make up for the lost energy. Anyway it's going to take at least a quintant."
" Alright we'll hide the ship and get some rest. Tomorrow we'll be sharper and refocused." Oh here comes another yawn.