|•XXIV•|

~Zodia's POV~

With a sharp inhale, my eyes flew open. Meeting a dark ceiling, I steadied my breathing and was able to tell we were still in the tower. My head rested in Ignis' lap while the others were figuring a way out of the tower besides waiting.

I felt two hands resting on my cheeks, the pads of familiar gloves rubbing the apples of them. Adjusting my gaze slightly upwards, I'm met with a sea of emerald. Just by looking into his eyes, I could see all the worry that had built up during the time of my departure.

"Ignis, how long was I out?" I ask, my voice a little groggy.

"An hour. You nearly gave me a heart attack," he replies.

"Sorry, Pisces needed to pass on some information about our trip to Altissia."

Ignis raised an eyebrow, clearly wanting to know what was so important that the zodiacs had to whisk me away to the Celestial Court without warning. "They... told me of consequences in Altissia and... I won't indulge them upon you. If I tell you-"

"The consequences would alter," Ignis finishes.

I nod slowly, feeling terrible for keeping it a secret. "But, I'm going to prevent them from happening and I must do it alone." I tried to avert my gaze, but Ignis kept me in place with both of his hands.

"I will not persist on the matter, but I will do all I can to support you, Zodia."

Hearing him say that made a few tears of joy slip from my eyes. I raise my hand, placing it on his cheek. "Thank you." Ignis smiles and lays his hand over mine, leaning into my touch while stroking my porcelain fingers.

"We've gotta find a way outta here! I'm losing my mind!" Prompto hollers, shattering our loving moment together.

"I don't think you ever had one," Gladio snickers. Noctis ignores the two and walks over to me and Ignis. He kneels next to me with a concerned expression. "How you feelin'?"

"Still lightheaded and exhausted. Besides that, I'm more than better."

Suddenly, Prompto shouted again, making my head hurt. Noctis noticed and barked at the sharpshooter to be quiet.

"You should get some rest. If we find a way out before sundown, we'll wake you up." Noctis then directed his cobalt gaze to Ignis. "Until then, she's in your care, Specs."

"I would not think of leaving her in anyone else's, not even yours," the tactician remarks. The comeback made a faint giggle slip from my lips. Noctis grumbles under his breath before returning to search with Prompto and Gladio. Ignis then begins stroking my long midnight hair gently, lulling me into the dream world.

<---<<<<

When I opened my eyes, I couldn't believe where I was. Sitting up, I glance around to make sure I wasn't going crazy. "I am definitely in the tent."

Still confused, I unzipped the flaps and exited to see where the others were. The sun greeted me harshly and I still couldn't believe it.

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder and flinched from the sudden contact. I look over my shoulder to see Ignis. Before I asked the question that's been racing in my mind since I woke up, I took a deep breath and cleared my head. "How long was I asleep?"

"A day. Instead of waking you, I decided to carry you once the entrance was navigable."

"And... I've been asleep ever since I fell asleep in the tower?"

Ignis nods, closing the distance between us. I turn my body to face him, making his hand fall from my shoulder. "Did the others find a way out or was waiting all you could do?"