VI

HIDING was a difficult thing to do when someone was determined for you to be found.

Eli would find this the next day, as Aaron searched desperately in hopes of some kind of answer that wouldn't make sick guilt wrack through his entire body.

Aaron clenched his bruised and bloodied fists, releasing a deep sigh through his nose.

He had been searching for so long, it felt futile, and honestly, stupid to do.

But this was someone's life at risk. That wasn't something he would take lightly.

Aaron reached the bleachers, almost falling back as he noticed the raven haired boy beneath the seats with a book.

He took in a deep breath, preparing himself for the harsh truth he was to face.

      "What're you reading?" He asked softly upon reaching where the boy sat.

Eli jumped back in shock, hitting a pole with a small cry of pain.

      "Shit" Aaron cursed, pushing himself from the metal bar he leant on and reaching Eli's side "I'm so sorry. I have a really had habit of hurting you, don't I?"

      Eli almost wanted to laugh as the other boy spoke. The pain caused by Aaron was nothing "It's fine"

      Aaron offered his second apologetic smile to the boy "The question still stands"

      Eli furrowed his eyebrows before understanding. He lifted up the cover of his book "Fahrenheit 451"

      "I've heard about it, any good?"

      The black haired boy shrugged "It's a lot. Well written, but occasionally almost indecipherable. A lot of metaphors and phrases that almost seem like metaphors, but is unidentifiable" Eli stopped there "You're here to ask about..."

      "What happened?" Aaron asked in a single shallow breath.

Eli gave the brunette a sad smile as he noticed the sunkissed golden streaks that ran through his hair in the natural light.

     "Every artist has a preferred canvas." He let go of a breath, dropping his eyes down "I'm theirs."