VIII

"WHAT, are you fucking Aaron now? Really getting into your gay affection? Your immoral affliction?"

Eli remained silent as Marcus chuckled darkly.

      "Come on, give us a clue! You guys always meet up, and it's obvious, right?" He grinned sadistically before ramming his fist into Eli's stomach.

Marcus laughed as his friends dropped Eli to the floor, winded and already broken.

The wicked boy was hastily ripped back from the raven haired boy in one movement, before being sent to the ground with a horrendous crack.

      "Get the fuck away from him, you sick fucks! What kind of fucking mental anomaly must you have to do this!?" A deep voice shouted, racing Eli's heart.

He didn't even have to open his eyes to know who it was.

The sound of fighting from beside him was enough to make Eli fear for his life.

Not his own.

Aaron's.

Aaron grabbed the collar of another boy, Garret's, shirt, smashing his pre-ripped fist into the other boy's nose with brutal force.

The other two boys were already on the ground, withering in unprecedented pain.

      "Fucking touch him again and you're dead. The three of you motherfuckers" Aaron cursed, the sound of the three boys groaning in pain with his words.

A tear slipped through Marcus's eyes as he smiled softly, letting the pain preside over him.

By the time Aaron had turned to help Eli to his feet, the boy was far gone.

He couldn't bring Aaron into his life.

He had wished that had been a choice for himself.