Wattpad Original
There are 4 more free parts

7.

Tonight.

Me. Haze. The horror party.

I can't wait.

After spending most of the morning, helping Pa out on the farm, I studied for a little bit over lunch and had a nap before going over to Heidi's house.

Her parents are away for the weekend attending a country music festival a few towns over. All our parents often go to different events and fundraisers. We have never given them a reason not to trust us on our own. I've never really been in trouble with them before.

Even though Heidi acts like the rebellious one out of us three, she has the upmost respect for her parents. She would never purposely do anything to upset them. Except the belly-ring. They wouldn't approve of that.

Before I begin to get ready, I pull my phone out and scroll until I find his number.

Ellie: Hey, you're still coming tonight, right?

Trying not to get my hopes up too high, I place my phone down and begin my makeup. I do what I usually would before coating my lips with a cherry-red lipstick. Once I finish, I press two fingers to my lips and drag them across, effectively smearing the red. I make bruises and cut marks with my eyeliner pencil, Heidi helping me shade some of them in.

I tease my long, blonde hair making it appear rough and unbrushed. Once satisfied, I finally let myself go look at my phone.

Haze: I'll be there.

It takes a lot of self-control not to squeal with excitement.

As if sensing my boosted mood, Kai frowns.

"Don't get your hopes up. He probably won't come." He says flatly.

"You don't know him like I do," I tell him, even though I really don't know anything about him, either.

He shakes his head. "Whatever you say, Ellie."

"How about being supportive, like I would be to you?" I suddenly retort, folding my arms across my chest.

Heidi looks surprised at my mini-outburst and Kai straightens his back, meeting my eyes challengingly.

"Because if our roles were reversed, your support would be shallow as you wouldn't approve."

"Hey, let's not fight," Heidi intervenes, holding her hands up in a peace-like nature. "Tonight is going to be fun. Let's not ruin it."

Agreeing, I pull out my phone to reply.

Ellie: Come over to Heidi's? I'll send you the address.

"You said Haze is cool to come over, right?" I confirm.

"I'm not the one with the problem," she reminds me and I smile at her gratefully.

Kai remains quiet as Heidi begins to draw fangs on him. He's wearing ripped jeans and a black and red cape. With his thick-framed glasses, he looks like a nerdy-Vampire.

I'm wearing a pale, white dress that is loose-fitting and shorter than I originally thought. It dips low at the back, exposing more skin than I usually would show.

As the time draws closer to when we planned to leave, I crack open a can of my drink nervously, hoping that Haze will show.

"Told you," Kai says, getting to his feet "Heidi, you owe me ten dollars."

"You guys bet on whether he would show up tonight?" I exclaim, planting my hands on my hips, staring at my best friends with accusing eyes.

"He did." Heidi immediately said.