8 | A Wise Friend of Mine Once Said

|©Reandayo - 12 January, 2018|

Fingers after fingers,

Notes after notes,

Songs after songs.

I waste my entire day playing the piano at our music room while my dearest brother, Fabian, is watching me with amazement in his eyes.

Yeah, it's me Satsuki.. or Elena now, I guess. I am now eight years old. Reporting after one week of brother Calvin's departure for school.

In this world, children must go to school in the age of 15. Below the mentioned age, nobles usually home schooled their children on the house.

Socialize? They sometimes held once in a week tea party on a selected-by-rank host. Invitation for children around their age only. And royalties held their own party each month.

The first time I went to parties on the age of five. Make friends, joke around, telling each other stories...... not.

The girls my age are lovely. But they are too stiff, and no one dare to joke around with me, who is unfortunately fortunate to be the daughter of the most honorable man.

The boys my age approached me when I'm alone as well, but some retreated themselves after my little brother returned to my side.

Yes yes, I understand. It can't be helped. My brother is too cute for you to stare at. You must clearly held yourself back for you have the same gender.

Actually my brother is like a guard dog, he intimidate people when he sensed I feel uncomfortable or irritated by their shits and nonsense.

Ah—He's so damn cute.

Ah, unfortunately though, I can't befriend children older than me for they already form their own groups and were on different league than me who they underestimate because of my age.

After eight years living here, I definitely am sure that I got reincarnated into an online reading fantasy novel that was made based on a popular Otome Game I once play when I'm bored and tired of socializing.

I only remember some plot on it and some main characters who leave a very big impression.

Main protagonist; Hailey Green, the youngest child amongst two children in the marquess Green household.

A tomboy, rebellious, strong, smart, independent, beautiful woman. Name all of the positive personalities a main character could have. Yeah, she's the type of what people called a mary sue.

Although described as such, in my opinion she's a coward that when a person insulted her or straightforwardly mentioned what she has done wrong, she will seek attention or get extremely nervous and shutting herself from the world outside.

That's why the author created twenty-four handsome, talented men to play her around and ended up falling for her innocence and protecting her.

Yes, you heard it right.

Twenty-fuckin'-four!

She's dumb. She believes people so easily even after she got deceived and betrayed by people on the past.

I sometimes questioned the so-called geniuses on her harems who were supposed to be described as someone with high IQ, for choosing the love of their life like... her.