Iylah

He jumped from tree top to tree top, moving with the grace of a lioness. His copper hair flowed behind him in a neat ponytail as he stretched his long limbs out, grabbing the branches easily, swinging quickly.

He could sense her before he could see her, her aura was strong, lustful and certain. He landed soundlessly on the window sill of her cell.

She looked at it just as he jumped into the shadows of her cell.

‘Valex, darling,’ a blonde haired beauty smiled into the darkness ‘You returned to me!’

Valex shut the window and descended from the darkness, ‘Always.’

He pulled his shoulders back and moved toward her, tilting his head up as he grew closer. Valex extended his hand up to the girl hanging above him and ran the back of his hand over her cheek, she pushed her face into his hand the best she could.

‘No, don’t move,’ He scolded her.

She pouted at him and he brushed a thumb over her pouted him, smirking lightly.

‘Let me down, my love,’

‘I,’ he pulled his hand away from her cheek, ‘I can’t,’ He turned unable to look at the face she would pull after he had said that.

‘But, darling...’ she started then noticed the long gash across his back, ‘did they do that to you?’

He turned away just as quick as the words came out of her mouth.

He looked at the girl in white suspended above the ground in chains too tight for her. Her arms, hair and legs pulled behind her back in agony. She was like their personal puppet and it made him sick.

He knew exactly what would happen if he let her down and he couldn’t let that happen, as selfish as that was, he couldn’t let her die, not yet.

He was pulled from his unwanted day dream by the force of Suna slamming into him, the chains had gave way and she had gotten out.

She punched him in the side of the head before pulling his hands down next to him and kneeling on them. Suna dug her knees into the pressure points in his hands and leant over him.

‘Suna?’ he blinked a few times taking in the sight above him. All her hair had fallen to one side of her head, her face was hard and her lips were pursed together in an angry pout. She looked beautiful.

‘Suna,’ He smiled as he attempted to sit up, for a second he thought he was going to lose his fingers with the amount of pain that shot through them.

She could see he had calmed down and it made her relax a little, she looked at him for a moment then let his hands out from underneath her knees. The instant she released him, he pulled her into a tight hug, snuggling his head into his neck and apologized.

‘I’m sorry.’ He barely whispered.

She froze like a deer in headlights until he let go.  

‘What was all that about?’ Suna thought to herself as she looked away from the complicated man staring at her. She was about to ask what his problem was but was cut off by him.

‘I don’t have to explain myself to you Suna, but if you want this to work out, you are going to have to stop being so darn stubborn!’ His voice was back to normal now, strict. ‘You are not at your base anymore so you don’t punish yourself like you are. You have far more important things to be worrying about then obeying your rules, when you need to survive. You can get back into the retinue of abusing yourself once we are out, now show me you wrist!’