Eleven: Fear

The evening practice, Monday.

You were sitting on a bench, pretending to watch the game in front of you. Your eyes were swollen, your hair slightly messy. As much as you wanted to, you couldn't force yourself to look directly at Oikawa. After your Saturday's meeting, your thoughts were even messier than before. You were trying to figure out how to explain your escape to the boy so that he wouldn't break the agreement, but nothing was coming to your mind.

Of course, Oikawa was trying to call you later that day and the day after. Even today, during the morning practice, he wanted to talk to you, but you either ignored his calls or made excuses and ran away. You were just too scared that he would want to end this. You knew that escaping from the situation would lead to nothing, but you didn't want to exprience yet another heartbreak.

"Okay, it's time to finish", the coach's voice clashed through the gymnasium.

You stood up, handing some of the boys their drinks. You forced a smile on yourself while they were thanking you.

After some short announcements, the hall became empty. Iwaizumi asked you if you wanted to go back with him, but you said that you still had some business to do. Even though he didn't really believe your words, he decided to leave you alone. He couldn't force anything on you, after all, and you visibly needed some time alone.

So after the boy left, you were the last person to stay in the gymnasium. Most of the things like net and balls were already cleaned up, but you still had to lock the magazine.

So he didn't ask for anything today..., you thought. Not that you expected something like this to happen. It was probably just a matter of time when Oikawa would break the agreement. You couldn't avoid it forever. You entered the magazine and looked around to check if everything was on its place.

Suddenly your whole energy, which was keeping you in passable form, went missing. There was nobody in front of whom you would have to pretend that everything was fine. You slumped, placing your back on the mattresses which were piled up under the magazine's wall. You could finally listen to your heart which was aching more and more as the day lasted. Right now, it was at the verge of breaking and this miserable feeling spread through your whole body; astriging your throat, spuring your stomach, shutting your eyes. You squeezed into a hank, putting your legs under you. Resting your face between your knees, you let out the tears which had been forming in your eyes for so long.

"[Name]-chan? Are you still here?", you suddenly heard Oikawa's voice.

As you looked up, you saw the chocolate haired boy standing by the magazine's door. Your bleary eyes immediately widened when you felt a painful sting on your heart. You gripped your jacket as if you were trying to get hold of your wildly beating heart, and you cast your head down as if all the force keeping it up suddenly vanished.

"[Name]... chan...", Oikawa repeated, this time more to himself than to you.

It was the first time when he saw you in such a state. Even when he was rejecting you, you managed to moderately keep your composure. Even two days before your crying face wasn't this painful. But right now, you looked like a complete misery and this view was making Oikawa's heart break.

He quickly moved closer to you, squatting next to your squeezed figure.

"[Name], what happened that evening?", he asked, trying to uncover your face.

Resisting his pull, you wanted to reply, but the words couldn't come out, so you just shook your head.

"Please, tell me. Or show me. Or anything", he begged. "If it's something I've-", he wanted to say something, but something soft and wet cut him off.