22

Italics: Aspen
Bold: Kenneth

     When Aspen woke up the next morning, she found out that Kenneth was not there beside her. She was kinda sad about it but relieved in a way because she remembered telling him she liked him in her sleepy state. He didn't reply right away indicating he was asleep and she was thankful for that because it would have been too much of an embarrassment for her.

What she did find was a note stuck on her dressing mirror.

"Thanks for letting me stay over last night. And also sorry because I couldn't wake you up to say goodbye. You looked too cute. ;)

P.S: I did not stare at you like Edward Cullen for a full 30 minutes. ;)

P.P.S : Also I needed to calm myself down. Otherwise I would have stolen a kiss. ;) "

Red with embarrassment she hid her face in her hands and let out a small squeal. This whole new feeling surging inside her was foreign and wierd and new but it gave her so much happiness that she could burst. So this was what it was like to actually like someone. Always busy in studies and lacking the ability to socialize, Aspen realised just how big of a part of her life she was missing on. And now that it was Kenneth , she realised she was grateful it was with him.

After the morning routine, Aspen decided it was time to face her father. He wouldn't mind, she knew, but bringing a boy home, specially when the daughter had a non-existent love life, and in the middle of the night was a big deal. And she also knew that her father had questions. Lots of questions.

The ringing off the familiar ringtone though, brought a smile on her face as she answered the call.

"Good morning!" Kenneth's cheerful voice made her insides warm and fuzzy.

"Morning." She said, her voice as cheery as his.

"Someone's happy this morning. Hmm? Can I know the reason? Is it someone with the name Kenneth Jones?" Kenneth asked, a smugness in his voice.

Aspen blushed. "Actually, no." She teased him. "infact, he makes me feel the opposite."

"That hurts, my dear." Kenneth fake gasped. "Take that back. Say Kenneth is the only one that makes you happy."

"That's way too corny." Aspen scrunced up her nose.

"We both know you like corny when it comes to me."

"Shut up." She laughed. "Anyways talk to you later. I have to talk with dad now."

"..."

"Hello?"

"Did I, by any chance, have an encounter with your dad last night?"

"Yes. And you commented on his pajamas."

"Shit."

"Yeah shit."

"Okay. Have a nice talk. Please say only nice things about me."

"I'll see about that."

"Stop laughing. I'm actually shaking right now."

"Yeah right. I'll call you later. Bye."

"Bye. Remember say o-"

Aspen disconnected the call without waiting for him to finish. A smile broke out on her face none the less.

She walked out of her room only to bump into her father who was about to knock on her door.

"Knock knock." Her father said, knocking softly on her head with a smile on his face.

Aspen smiled the more and scowled playfully. "Dad!"

"Breakfast is ready. Come on." He said instead, pulling her towards the kitchen. He seemed chirpy this morning, Aspen noticed.

"So?What was with the boy last night?" Her dad asked when Aspen was seated and a delicious breakfast of pancakes in front of her.

"What boy?" She tried to play it off.

The look her dad gave was enough for her to get down to the real talk. Not like she was going to be able to hide it anyways.

"He just arrived at our place so I had to take him in because he did not bring his car to drive back home." She explained, making sure to leave out the drunk part.

"Is he your boyfriend?"

"N-No. We're just friends."

"Just friends don't come to your house when drunk Aspen." Her dad mused.

Aspen groaned and looked at her dad with a pout. "I'm sorry Dad. Won't happen again."

"That's not what I meant."

"What....did you mean then?"

"I mean, I would love to meet this friend of yours again. But sober this time."

"Why do you have to meet him? He's not my boyfr-"

"Try to say that again."

"Okay fine. I may like him a tiny weeny bit but that's it. Okay? He's not supposed to know that."

"I will take that secret to my grave. Now invite him for dinner tonight."

"Tonight? Isn't that too soon?"

"Not at all. Now eat your breakfast." Her dad chirped and went back to cooking more pancakes. Aspen found her dad wierd but she lived him any way.

Now she had to think how to invite Kenneth over for dinner.